Friday, October 18, 2013

Labor Day Rain and Shine

This Labor Day BYU came to us to play UVA in Charlottesville.  Being 45 minutes down the road, we had to go.  Devin's parents felt the same way and came out for a fun visit.  Here we are to start the game.  About an hour in we were hit with a monster of a storm that delayed the game for 2 hours.  I ended up catching a ride home to relieve the babysitter while everyone else held on.  Too bad the Cougars didn't!



The next day we drove out to the Outer Banks to lick our wounds a bit.  We have this great beach house that we like to go to right on Duck Beach.  It's an amazing place and we had a great time playing in the waves an on the sand.  There were tons of dolphins to watch just off the coast. 







Can't go to Duck Beach without stopping at Duck Donuts!  This time we tried the maple and bacon one.  Yummers!


I don't really have a good explanation for Sophie still being in her jammies at the lighthouse.  haha.

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

It was so fun being at the game with you even though the Cougars played less than memorable. We LOVED outer banks. Thanks so much for hooking us up with the beach house. WE can't wait to go back and have another maple bacon donut.

Teresa said...

Fun weekend!! I know that roof! Was it the same beach house from when we went? Missing you guys!

Nat said...

Looks like a fun trip! Sounds like you need a better baby-sitter

Team O'Connor said...

That basically sounds like the best weekend ever! I can't wait to meet you guys at a football game again. I'll also need some recommendations for the Outer Banks. Please eat about 10 maple bacon donuts for me. hashtag drooling.

Tom said...

OBX - one more thing I can check off my bucket list.