Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Girlies!

I'm getting worse at birthday parties as I get older.  Luckily, my girls don't seem to notice!  They were both tickled pink with their parties this year and I guess that's all that matters.  I did everything I could to convince Eva to do something besides have a party.  I offered to take her to the Lego store, American Girls store, water park, Build-a-Bear Workshop, Color Me Mine... the list goes on.  In the end, she decided that she really wanted to have a "pottery party".  She wanted to invite over a couple friends and paint those $2 ceramics you buy at the craft store.  Done and Done!  I even upped the ante and added on some cupcake decorating and finger painting.  The girls thought it was amazing.  Kids are so much easier to please that Pinterest would have me believe.  So ha!  Pin this party, Pinterest!

Eva was so excited to wake up and open her presents.  Top on her list was a new set of Legos and her own box of Tic Tacs.  I got her a 12-pack from Costco and the girls polished it off in 2 days. 
Eva, Lily, Amelia and Adeline. 





A little birthday headshot. 



And a few from the Sophster. 






Family party with a yummy chocolate Heath bar mouse cake. 
Later in September my parents came to visit.  My mom's birthday is 5 day before Soph's so we did a little party for them.  The cake had some issues but was supper yum! 

Sophie wanted a new dolly.  And the ceramic mermaid was a gift from Eva.  She had painted it a week earlier at Color me Mine with my mom and wanted Sophie to have it.  Sophie loves it and even sleeps with it sometimes. 



Sophie loves the Streadbeck girls.  They are all so sweet and just love to play with Sophie.   So she really wanted them at her party.  So we had a little park play date and ate Sophie head cupcakes that took me about half a day to make.  This recipe had so much butter and cream cheese I could hardly believe it.  Just right for my butter baby!



I love this picture of all the girls helping Sophie blow out the candles.  Such cute little girlies!

5 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

The parties All look great! Those cupcakes with the photos are so cute! Your girls are lucky to have such a creative mom!

Jen said...

Ha! "Pin this party, Pinterest!". I love it.

You're always doing so many fun things--good for you. And your pictures look amazing! I love the ones from the apple orchard.

Joan Morris said...

Such cute birthday pics. I love the Sophie head cupcakes. Evan's cake was delicious!

Team O'Connor said...

You are the coolest mom. I LOVED the cupcakes! Also, I noticed how handy that chair you reupholstered has come in! It looks great in all of the pictures.

Tom said...

Ok, the cupcakes made me smile. Please save one for me.