Sunday, March 3, 2013

Disney World Part 2 - Magic Kingdom

We spent our first day at The World at Magic Kingdom.  It truly is magical.  I teared up with excitement when we walked in.  It's just so exciting!!! We were eager little birdies and got there before the park opened.  A great move because we were able to knock out the biggest rides before the lines filled up.  Then we spent the day running from one ride to the next.  Eva and Sophie naturally loved it.  Their favorite rides were Small World, Peter Pan and Ariel's ridey thingy.









Sophie's going to love this picture some day. 





Sophie and Zacky rocked out with Disco Goofy while the adults rediscovered how terrifying Space Mountain is. 
We just happened upon this little gem.  It is Story Time With Belle.  It was amazing.  You begin in Belle's cottage and then through a bit of Disney magic, you are transported through a magic mirror into the Beast's castle. There, you meet up with Belle in the library of the castle and the kids then act out (with props provided) the story of Belle and the Beast falling in love.  It's seriously so cute.  Again.  I cried when Belle came in.  And I cried when I told my friend about it a week later.  I just got caught up in the magic of it all!  Here is a pic of Eva acting out her part as Maurice cold and shivering in jail. 


Finally, the coup de grace. My favorite part of the Magic Kingdom.  The Main Street Electrical Lights Parade.  I've wanted to see this for a long time.  When that awesome techno music came on and the floats came out... yep... cried.  Even though I had my eyes on my girls' faces most of the time.  I love seeing the look of pure wonderment and excitement in their eyes.  Fittingly, it was a magical first day. 








4 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

What a wonderful trip you had! I love all the pictures of your girls and their cousins and the whole group! How fun to be all together in the "happiest place on earth"!

Joan Morris said...

Your pictures are awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of the week.

Teresa said...

cute, cute cute! I love hearing about all of your tearfilled moments! Such a magical place!

Dalton Family said...

These pictures are killing me. I want to go to disneyland so bad! Love that last picture of your girls!