Here's a pic of my grey kitchen. I know, there is much debate out there right now about the orange. I know lots of you liked it. But for the record it was totally trashed with bleach spray marks everywhere. So I decided to go in a different direction. I think it will look even better once I get the cabinets and back splash done.
We also had fun making Valentine's Day cookies. Joan is a master frosting-maker among many other things. :) I like to take advantage of that talent when she comes.
We also went to Eva's gymnastics class. She had been talking about taking Grandma Joanie there for weeks. Eva loves her gymnastics. She prays for help to walk on the balance beam all by herself every night. It's so cute to see her out there.
And it's pretty much torture keeping Sophie from running into the gym every week. She can't wait until she is three and gets to start up too!
Saturday morning we got up bright and early and drove the 12.5 hours down to Orlando. The girls were pretty good as long as the iPad had some charge. When it didn't I think I heard "I'm bored" about a hundred times. We finally arrived to our beautiful condo resort.
Sunday morning we had a family church service and blessed baby Leah. The fire alarm went off right in the middle. It was mayhem for a few minutes there!
Cool shell we found while we were waiting for the alarm to go off...
Then we went to Downtown Disney (more later... my pics are out of order). Then back to the condo for Sunday dinner. Love Eva's grumpy face. She did that a lot this trip. Ok, she does it a lot in life. She lives her life in the extremes. Hopefully we'll all be able to laugh about it someday! haha.
The we went out back for a little dance concert over-looking the golf course. We we were driving home Devin and I were talking about our highlights of the trip. He said this was one of his favorite moments. Watching all the cousins play together, the sun setting, beautiful scenery, with an entire week of fun and excitement ahead of him. What a cute, cute man I have.
After dinner and Downtown Disney we went and checked out some of the Disney resorts. This pic is a the Wilderness Lodge where Chip and Dale have a campfire sing-along. This is where Eva's worst fears were realized. There really were mascots at Disney World!! Look at the terror in that poor girl's eyes. Oh man, I had to tell the employees to keep Chip and Dale away from her while she sat way up in the bleachers. Look in the background of the group shot below. You can see Devin giving Eva a little mascot therapy.
Then we went over to the Polynesian Hotel for a little beach time, hammocks, and pineapple whip. Yum! It was a nice little warm-up for our week of fun!
4 comments:
You got some fun pictures! We had so much fun. When can we go again??
What a fantastic trip! Can't wait to see and hear more. Love Eva's little expressions. The gray is gorgeous and the white light fixture is so classy. Thank you for sharing!
Hahahaha! I love your family. Cute pictures and the dance party sounds like it was off the chain. I hope you guys are still there when we get back to the east coast! I also pray that Eva gets the balance beam 'cause that thing is scary and hard!
What a fun, fun trip! Keep the pics coming. Can't wait to see the rest of the trip!
Post a Comment