Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The kid eats nails.

I've been putting off this post.  Mainly because it is our last post with Whitney here and I just couldn't come to grips with that.  Our life has fallen apart since she left.  Dishes in the sink, locked out of Netflix, Sophie's dragging around Doggie by his neck with no where to go...  It's a sad life.  Well time to face the music.  Here are a few pics from Whitney's last week.  Thankfully Grandma Joanie was in town to distract us all from the impending doom.

Sophie loves strawberries.  You can see the little strawberry necklace I bought her in China Town in the portraits below.  She has since eaten it.  The necklace.  "The kid eats nails" is a common phrase of the summer. 


 We celebrated Devin's birthday with Whitney's crowning achievement of her Hobby Lobby cake decorating course.  :) 
 Joan made a fantastic Sprinkles copycat strawberry cupcake recipe.  Hands down the best frosting ever. 

 We had a little picnic at Maymont Park.  I couldn't let a trip to Maymont pass me by without some kid pics.  Eva was more elusive than Sophie this day. 






 


 Notice Sophie gnawing on her necklace. 





 Buckroe Beach.  "It's a great day at Buckroe Beach!"-- Eva about 30 times that day. 
 
 Fun times at a Richmond food truck rally. 

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I've seen that little girl eat hand fulls of sand. That's pretty funny that she ate that necklace.

Teresa said...

These are gorgoeous pics Sarah. Thank you so much for the updates,

sara cardon said...

Such pretty photography!! You are seriously amazing. Did Sophie really eat the necklace?!?