Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Caverns, Graffiti, Naked Baby and Eva's Blue Bus!

 Last month we checked a major item off our Virginia Bucket List and went to the Luray Caverns.  They were massive and beautiful and even had a real organ made out of stalagmites (or tites). 
 This is a reflection pond.  It was the clearest reflection I'd ever seen because the water is perfectly still.


 Devin, Whitney and kids (looking away of course!)
 Wishing well.
 This was another fun day we had swimming and BBQing with friends the Lansings and Sedwicks.
 I have no idea what happened to Soph in this picture.  I think she was floating away somewhere...
 Whitney planned a trip to NC to visit the Cardons and graciously agreed to take Eva with her for the weekend.  Eva was so excited to go on her blue bus.  She talks about it all the time b/c of a trip we took with "my-friend-Milah" up to Philadelphia when she was 2.5.  Every time we drive downtown she says, "That's where my blue bus lives."

 There are tons of cool places to take pics near the bus stop. 

 




 Waiting for the bus...


 It's here!!!
 Don't you love her little lunchbox and "briefcase"?  She's such a big girl now.  Eva had a ball with her cousins all weekend.  And Sophie loved the attention of being the only child for a couple days.  But she was so excited when Eva and Whitney came home. 
These pics are from a walk out to Belle Isle to play on the rocks (which is how Sophie's dress got drenched).  One thing I will remember about this summer is how hot and humid it was.  Las Vegas summers have nothing on this East Coast humidity!


Other tidbits: We went to the "support Chick-fil-A" day.  I went mostly to support my beliefs about free speech and Devin will take any chance he can get to go to his favorite restaurant. The place was packed - lines out the door, 20 cars in the drive-through... it was crazy.  Baby-version of the Gallon Challenge.. Back story to the back story:  Sophie eats like a tank.  She's always hungry and asking for food, chewing on who knows what, getting into the fridge to pull out things and try stuff (you'd think she would learn her lesson from taking a giant swig of lemon juice. Nope.) Back to the original back story.  On the short drive home from Chick-fil-A, Soph put away her happy meal chocolate milk in about 25 seconds.  Eva, not to be outdone by Little Sis, did the same.  Problem is Eva eats like little bird and has the stomach size of a chihuahua.  So about 10 minutes later, she (Eva) threw up all over my house.  I should have taped it for my cousin Justin who was the king of the gallon challenge in our BYU days.

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Great pictures and I second the fact that the heat and humidity in the east this year are horrific! At least it isn't hot and smokey like here in Idaho.

Tom said...

Some days I like to hide in the fridge too! I guess it's ok as long as you can get back out and there is lots of available food to eat while you are in there.

Teresa said...

What gorgoeous pics! I love the bus pics, and the coool feathery hat on little Sophie. Devin has the sweetest smile on his face in the pic swimming with little Sophie...and seeing her in the swimming suit made me so happy. Way to go Eva and the gallon challenge!

Kira said...

That reflection pool is UNBELIEVABLE!