That title just makes me happy. I love visiting New York. Since Whitney, Sara I were already on the East Coast this summer, Devin's mom Joan decided it would be a great year for a girls' trip. We had a fabulous time eating out, shopping, walking and walking (Sara and her little bun in the oven were champs!) and eating out some more. I even had my very first taxi ride! I've decided that taxis are the greatest invention and the subway should be avoided at all costs during the summer months. And for those of you traveling there soon, make sure you do the math b/c taxis many times will be cheaper than taking your group on the subway.
Below are pictures from Chelsea Market (Food Network HQ) and High line Park, an elevated railway they turned into a park.
Sort of strange seeing the words "The Book of Mormon" plastered all over the city. But hey, no press is bad press, right? We opted for something a little more... Disney. We loved Mary Poppins.
We ate at Cafe Habana near Little Italy. That grilled corn was to die for. Now they have a little take-out place next door so I can pop in for some corn anytime. (Anytime I'm in New York... which is hardly ever... crap!)
Little Italy and China Town purse shopping. Gatta love the knock-offs. And we had to go into and actual "back room" in the back room to get the deals. haha.
Sprinkles Cupcakes. Mmmmmm....
We went up to Amy Ruth's in Harlem for some real soul food. Oh baby. It was awesome. Fried chicken and waffles. You just pour syrup over the whole thing. So. Good.
So there's my trip. It was a great one! Thank you Joan for putting it all together. I heart NYC!
7 comments:
That looks like a great trip! I want the chicken and waffles bad. I'm glad you had so much fun :)
I love all your pictures (except maybe the one with me and the naked ladies). We had such a wonderful trip. Let's start planning another one ;)
Oh--soooo fun! Amy Ruth's food is to die for. The baked mac'n'cheese was my fav. You have some great pictures!
What an awesome girl's trip! Joan is the best "cruise director" as we call her - she really does knows how to put a trip together! The food looks amazing!
So glad you got to visit the big apple!!
I'll tell you what all of this makes me want to do - put together a boys trip! I'm starting to plan right now.
Oh man! What an awesome ladies trip! Love it. Your shots of the city were so cool. You are a great little photographer.
Post a Comment