Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Eva!


Eva girl is 4 today.  (At 9 am to be exact.  She told about 10 people that today.)  Here's a little interview we did.

Favorite Food:  Lasagna and cupcakes
Favorite Holiday:  Valentine's Day
Favorite Song:  Old McDonald Had A Farm
Scared of:  Dinosaurs and monsters
Favorite thing to do:  Open presents
Favorite color:  Aquamarine and pink
Favorite Store:  The App Store
She says she likes watching Nick Jr., going to Lucy and Zacky's house, singing songs and making stuff.
(This is as far as I got before she got grumpy about the interview and decided to paint her nails blue.)

I never remember to write down the funny things she says but I did this morning.

"You keep diggling me around!"  Something about birthday plans that didn't exactly align up with her ideal. 
"I haven't ever been to outer space." She says with a shrug to a friend at the park explaining a diagram of the solar system.
"Mom, Sophie's speaking Russian."  I couldn't understand something Sophie was saying and asked if Eva could understand what she wanted. 
"He went up to Heaven to get a new face then he'll come back to earth."  The kids at the park found a dying cicada bug and one girl said it had an ugly face.

She is hilarious and still has that sweet little voice that so many remark about.  She is a wonderful big sister.   She may let Sophie bully her a little too much but she always laughs at her and says, "She's such a crazy baby!"  Eva is starting to sound out words and read a little.  She's starting to learn about math.  She loves to draw, especially princesses.  She asks us to draw them for her then yells at us when they aren't exactly what she had pictured in her mind or has drawn for us in the air as an example.  She is very sweet and sassy and we're so excited to see what year number five brings!  Happy Birthday, Little One!

4 comments:

Team O'Connor said...

Such a great picture. I love Eva stories. That girl was born with sass! I am excited for all of her future stories. I know there will be some good ones :) She is lucky to have such a great mom and one who truly appreciates her personality. Miss you guys!

Tom said...

Happy Birthday Eva! Can't wait to share some lasagna and cupcakes with you in a couple of weeks.

Joan Morris said...

Happy Birthday Eva! I love how you write down all the funny little things they say and do. Those will be fun to read in years to come.

sara cardon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love the idea to take the pictures with the #4 and write down the interview. What a treasure. Pinterest?