Tuesday, January 3, 2012

SoJo and the FoMo

SoJo (Sophie Joan) has major FoMo (Fear of Missing Out). If she has even an inkling she isn't in the middle of the action she squawks and puts herself right in the middle. Sophie was in the bath and cousin Lucy ran in, yelled something and ran out. Before Devin could turn around Sophie had barrel rolled out of the tub to follow her. Then later at Chick-Fil-A, she followed the kids into the play area. The adults got distracted then someone asked, "Where's Sophie?" Just then Sophie came sliding down the tunnel slide without any assistance and a startled look on her face. She paused for a second then scrambled to the stairs to climb up again. "She's sooooooo cute!" I hear this and say this at least a hundred times a day.







And as an unrelated side note... I finally bought my camera! I decided to get the basic Cannon Rebel ($450 on Amazon with a lens) and a 50mm lens to go with it. Here are some pics from my first batch. So far I'm loving studying and learning how to make the camera work. I've been waiting for the moment for a long time. (sniff, tear...)

6 comments:

Nat said...

I love the slide story... She is so cute!

Team O'Connor said...

I'm so glad you got your camera! Your pictures already look fantastic. I really should put some effort into learning now that I've got some important pictures to take....buuuuttttt, maybe you can just show me when you come visit. We went to Metz, France for a quick day trip and wished we had you and Devin to translate and hang out. Sophie and Eva could not get any cuter! You guys make cute babies ;)

Joan Morris said...

Sojo, I like that nickname. She is so cute and I really miss kissing those cute little cheeks. Your pictures are awesome!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous girls and gorgeous pics! You are going to love that camera. Sojo is halarious. I love the tunnel story.

sara cardon said...

So true! She is so funny how she likes to be included in whatever is going on. Lucy is exactly the same way.:) I love your pics with the new camera. They look great!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you finally bit the bullet and have a new camera!