Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let Her Eat Cake

I guess you're never too young to be sad about getting old.
Or perhaps all the baby heads floating around are creeping her out.

Either way, I'm holding on to this picture for a lifetime... as well as the baby heads.



For Sophie's birthday we had a little party for her where the main event was watching her eat cake. I don't know why that is so amusing but let's face it... that's all anyone cares about on the first birthday.

She's a little confused by the candle and singing. Then she realizes there's cake in front of her.


Woo-hoo!!!


Just a few dainty nibbles.


Then the handfuls begin.


Sugar daze is starting to set in and Sophie is eating mindlessly while staring off into space.


Then she picks it up and starts eating it like a Quarter-Pounder.



Ok, I think she's done. She starts feeding the ants and throws it all overboard.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sophie conquered the cake!

13 comments:

Tom said...

Ok, the floating baby heads did kind of creep me out. I couldn't tell if they were photoshoped in, real apparitions, or permenantly plastered on the wall. Great pictures though. Hey, did Sophie keep her cake down?

Sarah said...

Yes. This kid could keep down a horse.

Michelle said...

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. I can always count on a good giggle or two when I visit your blog. Oh, and I love the 80's shots. You are a great writer, and your girls are ah.dor.able. I follow your blog and read every post, but I'm terrible at commenting. So just know that I do read it and I love it!

Kay Hinton said...

Yea! A baby that actually enjoys and eats her 1 year old cake. My grandchildren haven't seemed to like theirs, and little Gabbi actually ran away from hers crying!

Team O'Connor said...

Hahahahah. I love the baby heads and Sophie's adorable frowny face. She is so cute :) I also loved the commentary. I hope your kids appreciate it when they're older.

Joan Morris said...

You are so funny Sarah! I'm glad Sophie didn't barf on the cake like her big sister. It looks like she quite enjoyed it. The floating baby heads on the other hand may leave her with a few nightmares.

Shonna said...

I can't believe she's 1!!! That cake story is awesome w/ priceless pictures.

Leslie said...

love the pics of Soph. She really liked that cake, huh?! And the floating baby heads....oh my goodness.

The Miles Family said...

Wow..she knows how to dig in and get messy! I was laughing at those first pictures and your comment on the floating heads. Ha! So cute..love the idea. I am already planning on doing this for Max's 1st birthday..not that i'm anxious for that to come anytime soon!

eric + ashlee said...

That is so funny. I am not really surprised though. Happy Birthday Sophie!

Alicia said...

I couldn't stop laughing looking at all the pictures in this post. Just awesome!

sara cardon said...

LOVE the pictures!! What a story they tell!! Happy Birthday little Sophster... you pound that cake!!

Nat said...

well she wanted her cake and eat it too!