Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Love the 80's (and duck shirts)

I'm still laughing about this night which is why I can't bear to have the memory fade into blog-less obscurity. I went to an 80's birthday party last week and here are the results. Forgone conclusion, my friends are hilarious. As for myself... I had a meeting right before and didn't make the transition from meeting to party in time. So I showed up the only lame-o without an outfit. But the let me redeem myself...


I got the opportunity to describe my typical outfit. Mostly things that I'm sure many of you can remember, the pegged pant leg, the double sock with one color folded over the other, the rolled sleeves, the feathered bangs... but who else would sport the duck shirt 2-3 days a week? Jenny, where are you on this? I know you remember the duck shirt. I had a teal one, a pink one and some other color. I bought them at a store in Canada (Northern Reflections) and when my Canadian friend at the party found out what store she said, "You actually shopped there? My grandpa loves that store." Ha ha, yes. I loved these shirts and rotated through each color weekly. Not much of a surprise that I wore it for picture day. So there you go. A little bit of personal history. The duck shirt.

So I'm dedicating this post to my good friend Jenny who was kind and gentle enough to help me realize how hideous it was.

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I don't remember "duck" shirts as being real popular. I remember duck decoys being popular, but shirts, not so much! That is hilarious. What a great era to grow up in.

The Davis' said...

HA!! I was cracking up while reading this! I totally forgot about those amazing shirts until now, so thank you. (Hope I wasn't too mean about those beauties...)

Team O'Connor said...

I love that you knew that shirt was a winner so you bought it in multiple colors. You don't want a good thing going away too fast! Hahaha. I think you achieved 80's bangs perfection in your picture. They're awesome!

Dalton Family said...

Ok, THAT is the Sarah I remember! Ha! I'm dying...that is too funny about your shirt. I love that Jenny said that. The fact that you had so many of those shirts is so awesome. And those bangs....hilarious!