Monday, August 29, 2011
Irene
The night Eva was born there was a rare tornado in Clemson. Saturday was Eva's third birthday and we were hit by a hurricane. What is it with this girl and natural disasters? All in all it was a pretty exciting day. It poured all day and the wind was wild. It was crazy to watch the trees bending back and forth. Eva's room sounded like a haunted house b/c she has a tree outside her window that just howled in the wind. Sometime during the evening our bushes got knocked over. You see the damage below and a photo taken Friday at the bottom to see the difference. Somehow we kept our power through the entire thing. 80 percent of Richmond lost power. Three days later many are still without. So we feel pretty lucky.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yikes! RIP, bushes. I'm glad that's all the damage that was done.
No more nat disasters, okay Eva?!
Goodnight Irene as Raffi sings. No wonder Eva likes that song. I'm glad there wasn't any worse damage.
Kind of weird that it would just knock those bushes down. Are you sure Eva didn't do it?
Wow, I can't believe you had your power! That's great. I thought for sure you'd lost it. Haha. Natural disasters are no match for Eva! No, I'm not pregnant. Natalie was commenting on something I wrote on her blog. I'm not about to get pregnant right before Germany! Maybe after a couple of years though :) Haha. We need to catch up before I leave. Outer Banks for a quick sleep on the beach one night trip?
Crazy! I'm glad that was the only damage done though.
Scary. I'm glad you didn't take your girls to an outdoor outlet mall during the hurricane like someone I know! Glad you are safe!
I'm glad that only the bushes were damaged and that you guys are okay!
That's CRAZY! What did you do with the bushes??
That hurricane was crazy!! That is funny how the bushes were totally uprooted like that and brought up all the soil with them. At least they didn't fall in a different direction. Glad you guys were safe through it all too. Poor Eva having Birthdays during natural disasters :)
Post a Comment