Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake!!!

5.9 a half hour from Richmond. Crazy stuff! I've been getting texts, calls, emails and Facebook messages all afternoon. My cell has been down and even Facebook is jammed up. Hopefully blogger will work. Just wanted to get the word out that we're ok. Thanks for all your concern! Devin felt it pretty good. I was actually on the road up in Northern Virginia about 20 min West of DC dropping off my sister in law so we didn't feel a thing. All we noticed was that our phones went down. We got word that there had been an earthquake and lots of places in DC were evacuating. So I hightailed it out of there but the danged GPS sent me straight into the DC belt-way. So I had to fight traffic all afternoon with nothing but chocolate to keep my baby from screaming for three hours. You should have seen her when we got home! haha. Anyway, thanks for all the love! Now it's time to get ready for Hurricane Irene this Sunday!

5 comments:

Team O'Connor said...

I'm sooo glad you guys were okay being on the road and all! How scary. Traffic must have been terrible. I hope the hurricane dies down. It was so weird to have an earthquake in DC. I was in the hospital on base and thought for sure we were getting attacked by terrorists. Haha. I'm so dramatic. I heard there's supposed to be some aftershocks tomorrow so hopefully that goes ok.

Dalton Family said...

Earthquakes are so scary! Glad you didn't have to experience it! Good luck with the hurricane....that's scary!

Teresa said...

So glad you are safe!

Joan Morris said...

I'm glad all is well! I had several people in our ward plus Grandma Charlie call me wondering if you guys were okay. Thanks for taking care of Whitney ;)

Carina said...

Craziness! I'm glad you're ok and I hope our house is still standing :)