Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When will my face go back to its normal size?

Guess who's six weeks old today... Yep, our Sophie Girl! She is starting to fill out and get some of that chub chub that her sister had. I'm wondering how it is possible that she is getting bigger and I'm getting... bigger?? At least it feels that way. With Eva I didn't lose a pound after the initial hospital drop until I stopped nursing. I just have to remind myself I'm not one of those lucky ones (like my sisters) that turns into a stick after a couple months of nursing. Oh the joys of motherhood, right? At least I have this little chunker to show for it. We just love our Sophie girl. She sleeps a ton during the day, screams at us for a couple hours at night before dropping off to sleep. I should probably keep her up more during the day but I'm so busy that I let her snooze and then pay the price for it later. It seems to work out fine for everyone so far.


This actually works...


Eva and her dolly, "Sophie". First she does this...

Then she does this... I think I'm being watched.


One of these days I will get a good pic of the two of them together. I think I need a professional... or lots of candy.

Eva in her costume from last year. She's grown a ton since then!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your girls are soooooo cute!!!

Joan Morris said...

Sophie is getting chubbier. What sweet pictures. That is so cute that Eva is a little Mom. I love her sitting there in her galoshes nursing the baby.And you and your face are beautiful!

Whit and Steve said...

Sophie does look so much like Eva!! So cute!

And that is so funny Eva tried to nurse her baby. Jack always puts the burp cloth on his shoulder and asks to burp sydney. I'm glad it's that and not wanting to nurse her :)

Hope you're doing well!

CurtisandJackie said...

Macie would play Mommy and nurse Elle (her elephant)for awhile too. Pretty funny!

I'm sorry Sophie is colicky. It really is so hard. Have you tried using the vacuum or the blow dryer yet? We would run the vacuum at 2 a.m. with Macie and the white noise worked wonders.

sara cardon said...

SOOOO cute!!! She is beautiful and so is Eva. My face is STILL fat from Zachy if it makes you feel any better.:)

Teresa said...

OMGosh! I love the little pumpkins! They are too cute. Thanks so much for the Eva comparison...She is growing way too fast. And, you do look great. I saw you today. You look GREAT! At only 6 weeks out, I was in no way comparable (no joke). Just a little time, and if you want, my favorite Madela pumping plan...uh I mean diet plan.. is available (not recommended)! Helped me eat for 3 for 10 amazing months. Sometimes I miss it (like when at a buffet!). I love Eva nursing her baby!

Pal & Hatty said...

What beautiful little girls you have!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you are one of those annoying girls who gets skinny right after a baby. I couldn't even wear jeans for the first year after having a baby, unless they were maternity jeans..... You look great! And little Soapy is so cute! Great little family you have. Makes me miss my babies. My baby is 4 already! I wish I could do it allllll over again!

Alisha said...

Hilarious that Eva is nursing her dolly. Can't say that Coleman has attempted that, though he really likes to put together all the parts for me to pump :). I see Sophie is getting a little chub to her cheeks, so is Emelia. I'll be curious to see if these two girls of ours have the cheeks of Eva and Coleman.

HaLaine said...

AAAAH! I'm so behind! YOU HAVE ANOTHER KID! Well congratulations!! They are both beautiful girls!

Jessica said...

They are both so adorable! And I love the pic of Sophie with Eva's doll next to her. And Eva trying to nurse, too funny!