Yes, it is true. We are expecting baby number 2! I'm about 16 weeks along with an official due date of October 5th. The first trimester was rough as usual but thanks to a twice daily dose of B-6 vitamins I weathered the storm much better than last time. I'm starting to show now, I guess. Let's just say I'm finally at the point where I can say, "that was definitely not there before." Up until now it's been hard for me to tell. I'm determined to keep the weight gain under 25 pounds this time. I lost track with Eva. I swear I gained 3 pounds a day during that last week. (Hello, early induction! Yes, this time I will probably go with the epi.)

I haven't gained any weight yet thanks to Eva I'm sure. She walked the dog with my dad every day when she was in Vegas so now I can't get away without taking her out in the morning. Luckily I have a great walking group to keep me motivated. After the walk I spend the rest of the day trying to keep her out of the house so she doesn't destroy it. I really have to keep moving or this kiddo goes stir-crazy. Luckily, there's always something going on- there's literally over 30 stay-at-home-moms from my ward that live in my neighborhood. I know this is normal for Utah but on the East Coast it's a rarity. So we run home to change in time for whatever the morning activity is. Usually someone has sent out a mass text with a park location, museum or something of the sort. We'll go there, come back for lunch and nap, then head out to play in the "field" where all the kids run around and play with abandoned toys and the moms chat. Then we run home in time to start dinner before Devin gets home. And with all this there is still time for my house to become a disaster zone. I need a yard.
2nd bit of news: We are moving this summer to a place with a yard! Devin's co-worker has a town home in the neighborhood just down the street from us that is opening up in July. It is the perfect location and the timing is right-on with our current lease. So we'll get that yard and another bedroom for the new baby. And we're still close enough to our friends that Eva's social life won't suffer. It's fun to start dreaming about decorating again. HGTV no longer is ignored.
3rd but of news that probably isn't newsworthy unless you're a grandma: Eva finally has shoes that fit! This kid has blocks of wood instead of feet. They are so wide that I had to put her in shoes that were way too big. Then she was tripping all the time and falling flat on her face. I took her to Nordstrom and we tried on every pair of shoes, even the Striderite Wides. Nothing fit. In comes the Crocs. The only pair of shoes that fits my poor little baby. But now she can run and run without tripping. It's a beautiful thing. If only they made church Crocs.

20 comments:
Yippee!! Now the word is out and I can tell all my friends.
Secondly I'm so happy you decided to move and lastly, I love Eva's crocks. She looks so cute in them.
Congratulations! That's so exciting!!
congrats guys!!!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! When I read that you are expecting I had flash backs to our Brioso's conversation. He he :)
Yay for number 2! Can't wait to find out what you're having! I love the crocs.
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.
btw: They make an adorable pair of black crocs maryjanes that would be perfect for church. I never would have known they were crocs.
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you guys, Eva will be a great big sister. I'm sorry we weren't able to get together with you guys this past weekend. I'm glad you had a fun visit with Joan. Love the crocs, I bet Eva is adorable in them.
Congratulations! You and Kristen are due the same time- she's due on October 6th. Cousins! That's wonderful. Your lifestyle sounds wonderful. Eva sure is growing up!
Congrats! This is Devin's cousin and I've been following your blog but I don't think I've ever commented. Eva is such a little doll and I can't wait to hear what you're having!
That's wonderful. Congratulations! People who make such cute babies should always have a few more. I'm glad you're feeling better. Hopefully the walks help keep off the baby weight--and if not, they'll help you lose it quicker. Especially running around you new fun yard!
WOOHOO!! CONGRATS!! So happy for you!
Wahoo! I'm so excited for you! I agree with my Mom . . . you guys make adorable kids, so I'm excited to see this one. The cartoon of the girl on the scale is hilarious, btw.
OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited right now!
Yay for a new house with a yard for Eva to run around in! Isn't it amazing how much energy they have?!
Crocs are super cute! I tried to get some for Brody and Chase when they were babies cus they had such fat feet, but Jared would never let me. Just another reason I wanted a girl :)
I'd like to get me a pair of those pretty pink Crocs. Congrats on #2. Hooray for grandkids!
Congratulations!!! :) I am very happy for you! Are you going to find out what you are having? Keep us posted! Much Love!!
Congratulations!! So excited to be an auntie...again :). I'm glad its you and not me. I know your camera is broken right now, so I want to attest to your blog readers that you look phenomenal. Seriously gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your secrets. Congrats on the new apartment as well.
CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait for cousin #2. Best cousins ever!!:)
Congratulations- we are happy for you! Eva is a little doll and I am sue she will be excited to have a new pllaymate!
YAY! Congrats Sarah! That is so exciting! Good luck with the "no more than 25 lb" thing. I worked out like CRAZY during my 3rd pregnancy. I still gained 30. But, it was much better than the 50lbs I'm used to! I'd have 15 babies if I didn't have to work so hard on losing that baby weight:-)
Anyway, I'm really excited for you! October will be such a fun time to have a baby!
Your mom told me the news at Brandon's reception on Friday. Congrats. I hope for Ryan's sake that its a boy!
Post a Comment