Thursday, March 4, 2010

Duke, Babies and Beans

Last week one of Devin's Clemson friends offered us her dad's season tickets to the Duke game. We were really excited because Devin has been a huge Duke fan since his childhood and tickets at Cameron Indoor are not easy to come by. It is supposed to be one of the best places to watch a college basketball game in the country. It's just this tiny little place and the crowd really is crazy. And I think it was really fun for Devin to show me one of his favorite sports venues.

Cameron Crazies.

Tents covered the lawn. Students camp out all year to get tickets to the Duke vs. North Carolina game.
Then the next day my sister Teresa brought up my two little nieces for a visit. They are such cute little things but I didn't take nearly enough pictures. We were so busy holding, feeding, changing, bouncing... you get the picture. Having twins is crazy and my sister is amazing at how she handles it. I could never do what she does in a day. But it was so fun to have them and we miss those little things!


And this is where food storage meets baby-sitter. I made Eva this little sandbox with a 25 lb. bag of pinto beans and she loves it. She'll spend 45min to an hour in it every time she climbs in. The first thing she did this morning was run up to the covered box with her hand outstretched. And the best part: If we're ever starving, this box will keep us alive for a month!



10 comments:

Jen said...

That beanbox is a great idea! I may steal it.


Teresa's babies are adorable.

Joan Morris said...

What a great idea!! You should share that sandbox idea on Missy's blog :) I'm so glad you got to go to the Duke game with Devin. It truly is one of his favorite places in the world.

Carrie said...

Your nieces are so cute! I love the sand box. Corey said to tell Devin that he wants to be him. The Duke game looked like so much fun! You guys are the so good at still having fun even with a child. I'm proud of you and will hopefully emulate you one day ;)

Amelia Hohl said...

I love the beanbox idea! So she doesn't just throw them out all over the place? I feel like Bea would just try to dump it out.

CurtisandJackie said...

What a good idea! I might have to play copy cat. :)

Carina said...

Your nieces are adorable! I love the beanbox idea, genious!

Kira said...

we have a rice pool :-)

Tom said...

Man, I just hope sticking a bean up your nose isn't genetic or anything, right Devin? Go Duke!

Teresa said...

I think your nieces are the most beautiful twins in the whole world! Thanks so much for saving us that weekend, and for letting us take over your home. We had a great time. Love the pinto box idea. Having Eva withdrawals....

The Meyers said...

Great idea about the beanbox! It is so nice you can live near Teresa!