A simple shower, that's all I ask for. I sneak into the bathroom while Eva is distracted, turn on the water. Before too long I hear the pitter patter, door pushing open. Then "Mom-meeeeeeeeeeeee!!" Then toys, coloring books, crayons come splashing into the tub. Then the curtain is flung open and fully clothed Eva is trying to climb in. So I strip her down, pull her in, try to finish rinsing off while she plays with the shampoo bottles. Then she turns and looks up to the rack hanging from the shower head and sticks up her little hand declaring there is something she wants in that direction. The soap. No, just wait. I'm almost done. "Mom-meeeeeeeeeeee!" I relent. She sit and rubs soap on herself for a bit, sneaks a bite when I'm not looking. She's happy, I'm happy. Shower is about over, must get soap out of her hand and baby rinsed off. Colossal battle ensues. Finally pry slippery soap out of her grasp. Kicking and screaming she reaches up to rub her eyes. Now she's screaming from soap in her eyes. I'm prying hands away from her face, spraying water in her face, she's squirming to get face out of water, I'm laughing my head off because somehow I knew this was going to end badly. This is life with a one-and-a-half-year-old and I'm still learning the ropes.








12 comments:
What a cute blog post. That Eva is so full of personality and those Missy pictures show it. Someday you'll have peaceful showers, so enjoy the moment :)
That story is so cute. I love the sneaking a bite part. Heh. She's adorable. I can't believe it's been 18 months.
Ah- I know this story all too well. But, very well told! It certainly made me chuckle knowingly to myself. Never a dull moment.
Sorry 'bout that it's me commenting (Nikki)-- not my husband.
There's a book you must read "Five Minute's Peace" It's a children's book, but it's really for mommies . That's just what it's about- Mommy looking for Five minutes peace in the tub, but she ends up with a tub full of toys and kids with her. Kristen recently told me she just didn't get why I thought it was so funny when she was a kid. Believe me, now she gets it!
those are the cutest pictures of eva! she's adorable!
This post made me laugh out loud...mostly because we have moments just like the one you described. Our little ones are so full of personality. Who knew a shower would turn into such an event! She is so cute! I cant wait to get Austin and Eva together...who knows what kind of trouble they will get into.
I'm laughing so hard right now. You are a good writer! The joys of motherhood . .. I guess I've got lots to look forward to!
What a cute story! It's amazing how those little stinkers totally brighten up your day even if they're being a "little stinker". Love the pics, Eva is so cute.
Eva is adorable!
I love this story and your gorgeous pics. This baby is so full of personality! How your life has been forever changed! We had a great time staying with you.
What a funny little thing!! We can't wait to see her tomorrow!! Lucy sure loves little "Eba.":)
Post a Comment