Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Eva's Vacation

When Devin's parents invited us to go to Mexico with them this spring I immediately started scheming about how to do it sans baby. We love her to death but having to spend 3 hours of prime tanning time in the hotel for baby's nap was not my idea of a perfect vacation. So I flew out to Vegas early and left her with my parents. It was really hard to leave her. I cried like a baby when I said good-bye to her. I was all depressed and worried then I got on the plane and got over it. Let me just say that it affected me a lot more than it did Eva. I had this mental image of a mopey kid wandering around the house shouting "momma" but she didn't even miss a beat. She had a blast and didn't seem to care one way or another. And with grandparents, aunties, cousins, a tramp, yard, dog and friendly neighbors, what kid wouldn't have a blast? Here's a few texts and emails from my family I got during the week and pretty much sum it all up.


Dad: Mom and Eva had a nice nap. Eva enjoyed the meatballs for dinner. Just went for a walk around the circle. Eva walked up every driveway and rang every doorbell. She has been a good girl! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Julie: Just wanted you to know Eva is doing really well. She had a smile on her face all day and was giggling a ton. Her fav of the day was the trampoline (as usual). She was squealing with delight when Gracie took her on it. She discovered the Sesame Street toy and played quite a while with the downstairs toys. She took a pen to the chalk board (no shocker there... I caught it in time). I think she is really taking advantage of having a back yard. She played in the garden with mom for quite a while too. We are smothering her with attention. We think she can now say Gracie (Deecie). I slept in her room and was worried she would be freaked out when she realized I wasn't you but she woke up with a smile. We played peek-a-boo for a long time and it was hilarious to see her smiling and laughing from under her binkie. In church she was a crack up because as soon as she saw the sacrament she wanted some and wanted it NOW! Unfortunately it was still 4 rows ahead. She was begging for it quite loudly and was so relieved when she finally got the bread (all 4 pieces that she snatched up!) and she had everyone around us giggling. We will keep you updated. Enjoy your time!

Love you!

Mom: I know you can't hear enough! so here goes. She is such a wonderful baby! Right now she's jumping on the tramp...she ate a great breakfast and now she's jumping and eating her egg. It cooks up nicely for her hands. She ate a whole grilled cheese sandwich yesterday while jumping on the tramp. Anyway have a great time..we are. Love Mom


Mom: We know how Devin watches basketball games. Craig turned on the end of No IA and UNLV. Eva stood there jumping and cheering and grinning and having a great time. Craig picked her up and put her on his lap and she sat there cheering clapping yelling "go!" and yelling all kinds of other things we didn't understand but the passion was huge. She's still there on his lap cheering..it's all tied up so grandpa is laughing and cheering too.


7 comments:

Christie said...

Oh my goodness! Eva is ADORABLE.

Tom said...

Love the pictures of the green tongue. Not sure I want to know what caused it . . .

Teresa said...

I love this baby so much! She is adorable. The trampoline pictures rocked. I guess there is hope for the twinners one day if Eva could pull this off so nicely.

Craig and Dar said...

Yes Tom the green is ...marker! Glad it's on her tongue and not my wall..not sure how she got it. Still some evidence that Eva was here. I went to get Toco Seasoning and realized the last row of glass jars (last in the alphabet also) is still on the top shelf of my pantry. We still miss Eva and Erica and Annalise (here the week before). Oh! I just read Teresa's reply. Sure.. after Eva who couldn't handle twins!

Julie Walker said...

There is an emptiness without her here...miss you Baeba! We seriously had so much fun with that kid!

Dalton Family said...

This is such a fun post! You have the greatest family.

sara cardon said...

What a fun way to experience Eva's vacation (through texts) while you were on yours. Sounds like she was VERY well taken care of and spoiled rotten!