Friday, March 26, 2010

Mexico- Tulum

This will be the most interesting thing on my blog so I might as well drag is out for awhile, right? Plus it's therapeutic for me to relive it bit by bit. Especially as I sit here at my computer on this grey, rainy day. But as background, we just came back from a week in beautiful Playa del Carmen. It's about 40 miles south of Cancun. I've always wanted to go there and Devin's parents are total experts on the area. They generously gave us this trip for Devin's graduation last spring and we are so grateful. It was such a blast and Tom and Joan were perfect travel buddies. They knew every hot spot and could wheel and deal with the best of them. I'm just glad I could contribute the Spanish skills. So here's some pics from the beautiful ruins at Tulum. Those Mayans picked a prime piece of real estate for their temple. It overlooks the turquoise ocean with the most beautiful beach down below. After our tour, we headed down the beach a couple miles to enjoy the water and the sun. I'm totally sold on the Caribbean, or let's say, hooked.










5 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous! I can't wait to see more. You and Dev look great.

Team O'Connor said...

It is so beautiful! Why haven't we figured out a way to live there year round? I just don't get it. I'm so glad you guys had so much fun. It is absolutely amazing there. You look really skinny too.

Alisha said...

I'm glad you guys were able to take such a fun trip! I wish I would have known beforehand, I would have sent you to our favorite restaurant in Playa. Oh well, I'm sure your family knew lots of great spots too.

Lindsay said...

What an amazing trip!!! Soooo beatiful. I've never been, but am realizing I need to go! I loved the stories of Eva's stay with your family too. She's so cute, and looks soooo much like you!

Alisha said...

Sarah, our favorite restaurant was Yaxche Maya Cuisine. IT's on 8th street, between 5th and 10th avenue. They serve traditional Mayan cuisine and everything we had there was SO yummy! We loved it so much that we had to go back the next night. We had a Chipotle Chicken dinner that was amazing...I'm salivating just thinking about it :)