Thursday, May 21, 2009

Devin's Graduation

I'm so behind on my posts but I'll try to get in all in before we leave town again for Memorial Day. This has been one of the fastest months of my life. So on with the show: First up- Devin's Graduation. (Joan- thanks for letting me borrow from your blog. I'm having to fight of this little climber that has decided that my modem is the most exciting thing in her world right now.)

Devin's parents were able to come out for the big day. We picked them up in Atlanta and ate at a new favorite Mary Mac's Tea Room for all sorts of Southern foods. We spent Thursday in Helen, Georgia, an alpine themed town in northern Georgia, and Tom and Devin golfed while the girls shopped. We went to graduation on Friday. It was fun so fun to see Devin get his master's "hood" in the Little John colliseum. We're so proud of his academic career. He graduated with his MRED with an almost 3.9 GPA. (sorry I had to brag) Devin and Tom went golfing at the Clemson "Walker course" after graduation. We ate in Greenville at a barbecue place for dinner. Saturday, after a trip to the Waffle house, we took an awesome drive through northern South Carolina and southern North Carolina and had a fun picnic at the Revolutionary War battlefield in Cowpens and discovered a beautiful mountain lake. Mother's Day was great b/c Devin had to do everything for me all day. I think he was excited for it to be over. Later we went to the park with Eva, and we had a crepe party while watching the finale episode of "The Amazing Race". We had a wonderful week and we're so happy Devin's parents were able to spend it with us.

8 comments:

Joan Morris said...

You can borrow from my blog anytime. We're so proud of both of you!!

Shannon said...

Yay - congrats to Devin! What an accomplishment! I am loving those pics of Eva on the side bar - darling!

Carina said...

Congrats to Devin (from Aaron and Carina)!

Nathan and Sarah said...

Congratulations Devin! That little girls smie is GORGEOUS!!!

CurtisandJackie said...

Congrats Devin! Thank you too for the visit to Helen, I loved it. And, as always, you and Eva are so cute!

Shonna said...

Busy times! Congrats Devin on your graduation, that's so exciting! Wahoo!

Teresa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And way to go with the awesome GPA. We are so excited for you. Your little weekend sounded like a blast.

Paul and Joni said...

Congrats to my 'ol buddy Morris, I knew you had it in you...and a 3.9 too you little smarty pants! Your little girl is a cutie, Joni is due with our first on November 1st, we'll keep you posted.
Paul