Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Helen, GA

"Who knew?" An Alpine village on the banks of the Chattahoochee a short drive from our house... It was a fun discovery for us and next on the list of where-to-take-the-relatives. We're definitely going back in the summer when the river fills with inner tubes and you can float the "Hooch" through town and learn a lot about livin' and a little 'bout love.
(Shonna and Blake: Sorry we discovered this place 2 weeks too late. We're happy you came!)

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I will now have that song stuck in my head all day...thank you very much.

CurtisandJackie said...

Are you talking about Shonna (used to be Hinton)? She was in South Carolina and didn't come say hi!!!!

Nat said...

I love Eva's face in that picture with the cut-out. Priceless.

Familia Durham said...

That's where we went on our honey moon... yeah, we were broke. It is a nice place though. Did you go on the horse carriage rides?

Familia Durham said...

You should also go to the Toccoa Falls. It is close by too. And all the other neat falls nearby, like the "Bridal's veil", "Dry falls", etc...

Familia Durham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shonna said...

That place looks like fun. Too bad we came so early. I love that Devin is holding Eva up for the farmer's wife pic. It took me a minute to find Eva, I was just wondering what Devin was doing in front of the lady. ;)

Kira said...

ok this is funny! I just read a blog from one of my friends and she had a picture from Helen with the same posing place.