

We started out our trip in College Station for Katie's National indoor track meet. She was incredible and pulled out a 4th place in the 800 m with a time of 2:04.75 just behind her teammate that took first. But to be fair, Katie actually had the lead and then got boxed in at the end, opening up a spot for Lacey. We are just so proud of Katie. Her first few years of high school her coach wouldn't even let her run the 800m b/c of a snotty senior coaches pet. So she was forced to run the hurdles instead. When Katie finally got her chance she crushed all the school and state records and attracted the attention of the BYU coaches b/c of her speed and ability to hurdle- the perfect combination for BYU's steeplechase event. Having been recruited to run the steeplechase, no one expected her to be competitive in the 800, let alone place 4th in the nation. And who knows what this kid will do next year. Way to go Katie! The BYU team also placed 3rd overall, the best they've ever done. Adding to the point count was Katie's distance relay where Katie ran the 1200 leg. We all agreed that Eva was the good luck charm, even though she slept through both of Katie's races.And here are more videos for the fam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwxtGcoe_DI Bonus video for Gracie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJg0YsdhNzs Our little crow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht4LjQURJNM This one's for you, Whit!
10 comments:
WOW! Katie is such an amazing track star! I love your reference to the snotty senior :) It looks like you guys were having fun!
woooohooo Katie!!!!!
YEAH! I loved all of the videos (especially the Dixieland Band). She is so cute and yeah for Katie. She rocks!
Go Katie Go! That is impressive! I love the Eva videos. I think Eva wants to be a singer, possibly in a dixieland band :)
Good for Katie!! What a great thing.
Eva is so cute. It looks like you are really enjoying your time being a mom, and you still get to travel some.
GO KATIE!!!!!! Who knew that "Pretty Katie" Who used sleep under me in the bunk bed and practice her shakespeare lines and "Jesus was no ordinary man" lyrics would be such a champ! I am so proud of her!
CONGRATS Katie!! I feel like I know someone famous!! That's awesome-- I can't even imagine running for that long...EVER...not even half that long. She's amazing.
I'll never forget the Ecolodge.
I wasn't going to bring it up, but nor will I.
I am totally impressed. Run Katie Run! So am I like close enough in the family tree that some of that blazing speed might rub off on me? Is there any hope for me?! (How about if I stop eating potato chips, ice cream and twinkies with every meal?)
Post a Comment