Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Heart Grandparents

Time flies and I can't believe I'm leaving for TX tomorrow. We had so much fun in Boise. Eva was able to spend time with Devin's family as well as meet her great-grandparents and lots of cousins. It was fun for me to be able to pass her off to grandma and grandpa at the crack of dawn and finally be able to sleep in. Eva was so well behaved and all around delightful. She loves new people and never is afraid to go to a new person. She perfected her back to front roll as well as the preparatory crawl rocking. She missed her daddy and whenever I let her listen to him on the phone she would get a huge smile on her face, squeal and flap her arms. I think she is in Boise withdrawal because I now have a nearly impossible baby on my hands that refuses to sleep, suck on her binky, get swaddled, nurse, the list goes on. But now for my deep thought for the day: Baby Eva gets so much attention and I love it. I'm stopped about every 5 minutes whenever I go out in public to "what a cute baby" or "how old is she". I'm sure all of you with babies right now can relate. I'm telling you this because as fun as that is for me, it is nothing compared to watching grandparents and aunts and uncles with her. There really isn't anyone else in the world that will just hang on her every expression and sound. The slightest movement is like a turn on a roller-coaster or watching a white tiger jump through a hoop of fire. It really is amazing to me how much love we have for these new babies that come into our families. OK, that's it. Very deep. I know.

Blogger pics aren't working so here's a link to Joan's picasa album.

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

We loved having you both here! I'm sorry Eva is being a stinker now that she's lacking all of the extra attention! Have fun in Texas and take lots of pictures.