This Thanksgiving was a blast. Devin's entire family came out to South Carolina for a week-long party. We took day-trips to Asheville, Gaffney outlet mall and White Water Falls. We ate out at all my favorite restaurants here including 5 Guys Burgers, Mellow Mushroom, Early Girl Cafe, Waffle House, Mutt's, Sardi's and a new favorite, Eddie Spaghetti. It was my first try at cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner and thankfully I had a lot of help. It was perfect except for the fact that we lit the oven on fire with turkey grease and smoked the rolls. I should have known better than to try to make my mom's famous buns. Eva's cousin, Lucy, was there to meet the little babe. She was such a good "helper" and was so nice to the Eva. Usually 2-year-olds are trying to poke her eyes out. They are going to be great frousins as they grow up. (frousin= friend+cousin) Here are a few pics from the week.
"I'm a Turkey" Eva and Grandma Thanksgiving morning ready to go to the Pie for Breakfast party at our friends' house.

Picnic at Issaqueena Falls and Stumphouse Tunnel. Below is Eva in her happiest place. On her back kicking and flapping her arms.



Lucy reading to Eva. Below: Luce and Eva in one of their many matching outfits.

Waffle House!!!
5 comments:
Sarah...how are you looking so great when you JUST had a baby?!!!
We did have such a fun week! Thanks again for hosting us!
Lucy misses that baby. Everyday we look at pictures of "Saya" and the "Baby." Maybe next time she'll get saying "Eva" down.:)
Those pictures are sure fun. I love that the 2 girls have matching clothes. And I love the new "frousins" word. Sounds like a Morrisism for sure.
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving week! I can't believe how big Eva is getting - I just want to eat her up!!
Post a Comment