Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good 'Ole Rocky Top!!!

Since it is now 3pm and I just barely managed to brush my teeth, I'm sure you'll all forgive me if this post of the past 2 weeks is just a list. (Blogger is not cooperating for the Image Upload so here are links to the latest albums.) http://picasaweb.google.com/sarah.palmer.morris/TennesseeGame
http://picasaweb.google.com/sarah.palmer.morris/EvaSBlessingWeekend

1. Trip to Knoxville to see Tennessee play Florida with friends Whitney and Steve. The boys paid homage to one of the great football venues of America while the girls shopped at baby boutiques and found the greatest lemon cookies in the world. (Thanks to my chocolate fast, I've been forced to expand my dessert horizons to include citrus treats.)

2. While in Knoxville we hung out by the river and witnessed the famous "Vol Navy" (at least Devin swears to me that it is famous) where people park their boats on the river near the stadium to avoid street traffic.

3. The beginning of blowouts. Eva began her baby blowouts be pooping twice on Devin in one day. Since then we have discovered that diapers don't stand a chance against these bad boys.

4. Eva's first Sunday at church. I dressed the little thing up in the most frilly dress I could find. She looked like a giant ball of lace. Before we had even left the parking lot on our way to church, you guessed it, blow out. But she was so happy. She slept for the entire 3 hour block.

5. Grandma and Grandpa Palmer come to town for Eva's baby blessing. After spending and incredible weekend with the babe, they have decided that she does indeed rule the roost.

6. Daytrip to Dillard, NC in the Blue Ridge Mountains with a stop at White Water Falls.

7. Eva starts to smile... we think. (She also begins batting the rattles on her bouncy chair- very exciting to new parents.)

8. Baby Eva Marie was blessed on Sunday by her daddy. It was a beautiful blessing with sweet promises for her life ahead. Her dress was made by Grandma P. from a shawl that came from my wedding dress.

13 comments:

Frankman's said...

her blessing dress is beautiful!!!

The Davis' said...

Holy crap...literally!! Are you using generic diapers? I tried them but they always leaked all over the place. So unfortunately, I have to use the name brand ones to avoid such blowouts!! Or maybe she's just really talented!
Her dresses are sooooo cute! Oh, to have a girl....

Katie Palmer said...

My little niece is so stinkin' cute!!(literally stinking with all those blowouts..jeez!) I can't wait to meet her!! She definitely looks like a Palmer gal to me.

Tiffany said...

Not brushing your teeth until 3pm. I can so relate! Welcome to the wonderful world of being a mommy! I didn't brush my teeth until about 2pm today! ;)
Newborn blowouts...you just gotta get through them I guess. I always found Huggies to be my best at the battle of the blowout, but they still failed quite a bit too. Those are some, uh, disturbing poop pictures! lol!
Beautiful blessing dress!

Teresa said...

Love the blessing dress! So cool that it was made from your wedding dress shawl. Little Eva is a little beauty.
For Devin: Go Cubs!

Joan Morris said...

That blessing dress is BEAUTIFUL!
Eva looks like a doll. Oh how I wish I could have been there. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for all the pics.

Nathan and Sarah said...

She is so beautiful!!! I Feel the same way you do about meeting eachothers kids. But dont worry, Molly will always be told about you! we just had too many good times! Maybe our girls will be roomates or something!

Sarah

Kay Hinton said...

Way to go, Eva Marie! You go, girl! She looks so beautiful on her blessing day. Her grandma did very nice work.

Dalton Family said...

Wow, your mom is so talented! I love the dress! She is going to love the fact it was made from your wedding shawl--great idea! Everyone looks happy! I still can't get over how she never looked like a newborn! So cute!

Familia Durham said...

Thanks for letting me come over today with a short notice to meet Eva. I enjoyed holding her and bouncing her. Sweet little baby! :)

Kira said...

You talked about blowouts when you went to Tennessee but you did not mention that the Gators blew the Vols out of the water (and their dumb vol navy). Why is that?

Sarah said...

We didn't want to bring attention to the Gators' humiliating defeat to lowly Ole Miss. :) I said it's great, to be, an Ole Miss Rebel...

Kira said...

Why haven't you guys commented on the clemson football team yet?????