
Last weekend Mama and Papa Palmer came out to have the true Clemson experience. We had a blast and showed them everything our little corner of the world had to offer. We visited the falls, drove around the lakes, looked a lake houses, explored the curious, forgotten mill town of Newry, ate at Mac's drive-in and the Esso club, visited Biltmore, shopped for maternity clothes (thanks, Dad!), went to a basketball game, explored Greenville, and just had a wonderful time. My brother-in-law, Nathan, had a lay-over in Atlanta about the time my parents were leaving town so we all met up for dinner in downtown Atlanta at Gladys Knight's restarurant. It was amazing soul food. (Fried chicken and waffles, anyone?) I think we were the only white people there... a good sign, I'd say.


8 comments:
Picnics, I love picnics! It looks like you had such a fun time with the Palmers. I would LOVE To try soulfood.
PS. I love the pregnancy countdown on the side of the blog. That baby is so cute floating around.
That is so cool that you were able to meet with your brother in law in Atlanta! You are brave, I don't dare leave an airport... I had a 6 1/2 hour layover in Miami and we just walked around the airport, had something to eat and the kids watched a movie, played games and took naps...
Just think of the blogging possibilities when the Luce and I show up for a week....that'll be great, great times. Can't wait!! In the words of sweet baby James, "I'm gone to Carolina in my mind..say nice things about me 'cause I'm gone..."
What a riot! Its amazing was $16 plane tickets can do! I love your blog, and your little Clemmy countdown.
You can count me in anytime for the fried chicken and waffles. Afterall, I am an official card carrying frequent diner at Waffle House restaurants throughout the south!
HOLY MOLY SARAH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Wow! Looks like you guys had alot of fun. For sure the baby has the Palmer Toe! I am due Sept 1st. When are you?
Sar! Goodness, I miss you! It is so fun to read your blog though! You always make me smile! I wish you were here in our HR dept still... then we could shop for maternity clothes and chat and all that fun stuff. Glad all is well! Everything is great here! School, work and the boy! :) My IT boy. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment