No turkey here. Thursday we drove down to St. Augustine, FL and spent the afternoon on the beach and wandering the streets. St. Augustine is the oldest city in America and site of the fountain of youth. It was very cool. We found all these dead sharks on the beach which was kind of freaky. In the city, we walked around the old fort (because we're too cheap to pay to go in the fort), ate dinner at and English pub, and had our picture taken by a homeless man in the park. (The whole time I'm thinking, "please don't run away with the camera". That's the Thanksgiving spirit, Sarah...)

Friday we went to 3 parks at Disney World: Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios and Epcot. We love Disney World. It was the funnest day. Devin knew exactly where to go and what to do since he's a seasoned Disney World vet. I loved the new Everest ride and the Tower of Terror.

Saturday we got up early and drove to Crystal River, FL. We hopped on a boat and went out snorkeling with the manatees in a spring. During the winter, manatees migrate from the gulf to warmer waters inland where the springs keep the temp around 72 degrees. The manatees are these giant, blubbery, sea creatures that act like little puppies. They'll come over to you and roll over so you can scratch their bellies. It's the craziest thing. They were all around us. We had the time of our lives. We also came face to face more than once with these scary looking tarpon fish. They're about 4 feet long and don't mind coming up close. That was wacky. Then we went back to Gainesville and watched the Cougars beat the Utes, the Tigers beat the Gamecocks and the basketball Cougs put up a pretty good fight against the Tarheels. It was a nice way to relax after so much action.

Friday we went to 3 parks at Disney World: Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios and Epcot. We love Disney World. It was the funnest day. Devin knew exactly where to go and what to do since he's a seasoned Disney World vet. I loved the new Everest ride and the Tower of Terror.

Saturday we got up early and drove to Crystal River, FL. We hopped on a boat and went out snorkeling with the manatees in a spring. During the winter, manatees migrate from the gulf to warmer waters inland where the springs keep the temp around 72 degrees. The manatees are these giant, blubbery, sea creatures that act like little puppies. They'll come over to you and roll over so you can scratch their bellies. It's the craziest thing. They were all around us. We had the time of our lives. We also came face to face more than once with these scary looking tarpon fish. They're about 4 feet long and don't mind coming up close. That was wacky. Then we went back to Gainesville and watched the Cougars beat the Utes, the Tigers beat the Gamecocks and the basketball Cougs put up a pretty good fight against the Tarheels. It was a nice way to relax after so much action.

13 comments:
I wondered who that guy was in one of your photos! I'm sure Sara would have hated the swimming with the manatees adventure. She freaked out snorkelling with the little fish in Hawaii.
You guys always have so much fun!! I'm totally jealous. You know though that next year we're coming down there for Thanksgiving, right?? Seriously. How far is it to Florida from where you are?? Next time you go let us know and we'll meet you there since airfare from Philly is only $50 a pop!!
Wow! You guys are quite the travelers! That sounds like a lot of fun.
DUDE. You guys are never-ending fun-havers. What the crap? I am slightly jealous as I have never been able to do fun travely adventurey things with hubby...yet...there's always been these little things to worry about like THREE KIDS!!!
hahahha!
I tagged you AGAIN, so now you can really talk about your weirdo husband (see my blog).
Looks like tons of fun!
What fun! It's so cool that you live on the east coast with so much to see in driving distance! Love your blog! By the way, Dave didn't get you the official form for your taxes, he'll get it and we'll mail it to you, send me your current address!!
Did you swim with the manatees? What a freakin' fun weekend. I'm so glad you are getting out there and checking everything out. This weekend I get to go off base into the grand city of Wichita Falls so get ready for pictures of whales, tigers, llamas and supermodels. That's what WF is famous for...
SARAH..... NEED NEW PICS.... ASAP!
Let's see. What did I do the week of Thanksgiving. Oh yea, worked and payed taxes. Maybe next year we can go to Givens Hot Springs and swim with the gold fish someone let loose in there. Or go to Boondocks and play mini golf in the snow. Can't wait. Hold on there! I think I will be in S. Carolina next Thanksgiving. Happy Day!!!
Not to rub it in or anything but it's 76 degrees here right now.
um WOW!
76 degrees?? Hmmm sounds about 70 degrees warmer then Utah right now.
Post a Comment