
One of my favorite places to celebrate is at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City for their afternoon tea. My mom and I timed our trip to Utah last month to fall on Nat's 22nd birthday. We decided a tea party would be the perfect way to celebrate. For those of you that haven't been there, it's the best. They have a spot set aside for you in their front lobby, set with china and silver. You pick out your flavor of tea or hot chocolate and they bring it to you in your own teapot. Then they bring out a tray full of little sandwiches and scones with creme and jam. Then they wheel out a pastry cart and you get to choose 3 pastries for dessert. You're pretty much stuffed by the end. We had a great time.

Love this picture? The waiter brought out a little ball and put it in this glass then poured water on it and it turned into a little flower. It acts like a green tea bag. Does anyone know if green tea is "legal"? Please say yes because as you can tell from the picture, it's a little too late.
9 comments:
Don't know about the green tea. Sorry. As I look at your picture w/ your sister I say out loud "could the Palmer girls BE any more beautiful?" Sheesh...
True True!! You look SO SO good-- and really tan. I don't know if it's the lighting, but your skin looks a really beautiful golden color. How fun. I'm really sad I missed the tea party thing while living in UT. Sad.
That looks so fun! I want to have a tea party! I guess I'll have to take Whitney since both you and Sara are far away! Actually there is a tea party place here in Meridian. Maybe we should do that at Christmastime.
Oooh! I love that idea... very festive.
You girls can have your little sissy tea party, even if you aren't in Boston. For all of the men out there, if you are ever in Boise, they do this thing down at Bubba's where they bring you chocolate milk in your own little bottle and you get all of the onion rings and chili cheese fries you can eat. Truly manly.
Yeah, truly manly until we have to take care of you the next morning. I better pack the Pepto...
FUN!!! Takes me back to your 25th birthday party! I love the tea party idea! And yes, Tiff is right...you all look beautiful!:)
Sarah,
Hi! This is Nikki (Shamo) Hills. I know this is so random- but Laura (Cloyd) Dalton found my blog by browsing and it made me curious who else could be out there and I found you! Anyway- you look great and looks like life's treating you well. You'll have to say Hi to Teresa for me. Our blog is viewofthehills.blogspot.com if you ever want to browse.
Looks like you were able to share a fun birthday with your sis, lil Palmer... - Joe
Post a Comment