
So pretty much anyone that comes to visit from now on will get a trip to
the Biltmore. Cousins Justin and Kira, as our 1st guests, we able to go with us this week for our first look at the mansion. This place is amazing. It is the largest private residence in America. It was built by a
Vanderbilt around the turn of the century and has been
fantastically restored. I'm sure that place has payed for itself 1000 times considering what they charge to go in there. But it was worth it. We went on a
candlelight tour of the house. They had live Christmas music performances, Christmas trees, blazing fireplaces and yummy
wassail samples (a privilage we grossly abused, did you have to ask?). The drive up was incredible. The pictures don't do it justice (sticking my camera out the window as we drive by at 80mph). The mountains looked kind of like a giant head of brightly colored cauliflower.
Full album.


8 comments:
Cool! Christmas would be a fun time to visit. We'll have to go next year at this time!
They filmed one of my favorite movies there. You should check it out now that you've seen the house.
Ok...I totally want to come visit!!! Do you think we could talk Andrea into coming out for a visit with me??? hmmmmm....
WOW!
Can't wait to see the pictures... How long did you stay?
What do they charge to get in there?? How fun!! And what's this about Mom and Dad spending Christmas there next year?!? Say what??
That is an awesome picture! I have one just like it of that cool hotel in Waterton. I miss Canada! It looks like you guys are having so much fun. I can't wait to visit.
How fun is that? Man, we want to come visit you guys just so we can see all the fun stuff you guys are seeing.
Post a Comment