Savannah. (Sigh.) What a beautiful city. I could wander those streets for days. Every house looks like the set of "Gone with the Wind" and you run into a romantic city park about every 3 blocks. Friday night we took a ghost story
walking tour. Savannah is supposed to be one of the most haunted cities in the world and I can see why. Practically the whole city is build on a giant
cemetery. The picture of Devin is taken in front of an old hotel that is haunted. They went to redo the floor in the '90s and discovered hundreds of limbs dating back to the Civil War. (It was used as hospital and I guess their disposal policies were a bit different back then. "Just
throw it on the floor. They'll clean it up in 100 years.") So now people see ghosts with missing limbs wandering the halls. A girl said one bit her! Freaky! It was really fun to walk around the streets at night and hear the scary stories of people being buried alive and stuff. Who knows how much of it is true but who cares? I sure didn't.
The Lady and Sons... I had no idea what a big deal
Paula Deen's restaurant was. We had to wait in line for 2 hours just to get our name on the list for dinner. Then we had to come back 3 hours later and wait for another half hour. Worth it? You betcha. Fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, hoe cakes, mac and cheese, fried chicken, collard greens, black-eyed peas, candied yams... It was so yummy. Worth the wait for sure.
7 comments:
Shouldn'ta read your blog hungry. Well, not the Civil War hospital part, but Paula Deen's restaurant? YUM. Oh, and Go Diamondbacks anyway!
I'm so jealous you got to go to Paula's restaurant. I adore her! Really I do. I think I'm still going to dress up like her for Halloween. So cool you got to go there. :)
Wow freaky! Not many things are scarier then a armless biting ghost! Cute apartment by the way!
I LOVE Paula Deen!!! Now I really want to go to her restaurant!!! I can't believe it was that long of a wait and you STILL say it was worth it!!! That's on my list of things to do now:):):)
Ummmm. Sooooo. I tagged you. If you're too cool for school, then fine. But it's all the rage here with the Philly blogs, plus I want some new recipes!!!:)
Just curious why there is a link to Hilary C's webpage? I didn't know you were so tight with her(:!
haha! I was wondering when someone was going to notice. I was trying to make it look like I had more friends. :)
Post a Comment