Thursday, October 23, 2014

Finishing up the Summer


Phew!  It just took me 45 minutes to upload all these photos!  I thought I was bad before but now that I have an iPhone the picture situation over here is getting out of control.  But at least I know that every day of my life is well-documented.  This summer was super fun.  We started out living at Devin's parents' house while we waited for our house to close.  It closed July 1 and we couldn't be happier.  We love our yellow house and the neighborhood is amazing.  It is so incredibly beautiful and cool.  I couldn't be happier with our choice to move to Hidden Springs.  Pictured below are views of the front and back of the house, "the Merc", view from one of the trails that runs through the neighborhood and the community learning farm. 
 

 
 


 


 
 
Hidden Springs has a little parade for the 4th of July.  My favorite was the Power Wheels gang.  They had a fun community party where the girls got to play on the bounce houses.  Then we went over to Tom and Joan's for a swimming party and BBQ.  Sophie had a big day!  Notice how she goes from grumpy face to sleeping.   






 This was my summer project.  (Aside from moving into a new house!)  I found this cool piano for $300 and painted it teal!  Eva loves to practice on it.  What kid wouldn't??






 











 
One of my best friends from Richmond moved back to Boise a couple years ago.  So thankfully we had friends here waiting for us!  (Eva and Milah have been BFF's since they were one.)  Kim and I had fun with the kids all summer swimming, playing at Eagle Island Park, making volcanos, etc.  We are so lucky that we have these amazing friends nearby.  
 






 
Since we live in Boise now we were around for the entire visit from the Cardon clan.  My kids adore their Cardon cousins.  We had a fun tea party for the girls and special guest, Grandma Charlie.  We also did a slip-n-slide down our hill.  The kids thought it was amazing and not one slid into the rose bushes.   



 





 













We found a real, live farm down the road from Hidden Springs.  They have fresh eggs for sale and a u-pick garden open to the public.  $5 for a big bag full of yummy, organic produce.  We're so excited to have access to this amazing little farm. 


 
In August we took a trip to Redfish lake up on Stanley.  It was beautiful but poured rain the entire day so we had to pack up early.  But it was fun to see where Uncle Taylor had worked all summer and to spent a few hours with Devin's cousin Missy's family. 







 
And last but not least we took a fun bike trip down the Greenbelt to the Art in the Park event.  I'm definitely a biker girl and I love the Boise Greenbelt that runs along the river. 
 


5 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

Wow - so many fun pictures! You have had a very busy summer! I love your cute house!

Hksedwick said...

Ok the place you live is unreal!! I'm wanting to pack up and move there. I love seeing Asher in the volcano pics because I know you and Kim are together and I can pretend I'm ghere

Team O'Connor said...

There's a lot to comment on this post:
1. Your kids are BEAUTIFUL
2. I love your new house
3. Your bathing suit
4. All of your pictures are perfect and make me want to live an endless summer
5. I want to somehow become a part of the Palmer/Morris family. Let me know if there are any kind of legal ways to do this.
6. I never want to move
7. I'm so glad you're having fun all of the time!

Teresa said...

Wow! Gorgeous pics! I'm so happy for your family to be all settled in. Thank you for taking the time to upload and blog your incredible summer!! Amazing new life Sista!!

Tom said...

So happy to have the east coast Morris Family in Boise now. Thanks for doing such a great job documenting the summer. With the power vested in me, I hereby make you the Morris Family Official Historian. Keep it coming. Can't wait to go back up to Saddleback Lake in the Sawtooths (but without the rain, please). One of the prettiest lakes I've ever had the pleasure to hike into.