Here's my goofy little Sophie trying on her Halloween costume from when she was a newborn. I love the purging feeling that comes with a move. It's hard to image all the junk I got rid of. And yet I still filled an entire POD to the brim.
Devin has been the coach of the Young Men's basketball team for the past three years. He loves his calling. In fact, it is the one thing that kept us from buying a fantastic house outside the ward a couple years back. The boys were so sad when they found out Devin was moving that they wanted to have one last game with him. So they gathered up a team from a neighboring ward to have an exhibition game as a going away party. They said they're going to hang a jersey in the rafters for him and rename the court in his honor. Devin was really sad to leave his team.
Parting words of wisdom. The Innsbrook Ward is stacked with incredible people, specifically the youth. Devin worked with them the entire 5 years in all his calling there so he was able to get to know them pretty well.










3 comments:
That is so cute that Devin's basketball team threw him a party. He didn't tell me that story! I'm sure your ward is really missing you guys.
Moving is always bitter and sweet. Devin's going away party says a lot about the great job he must have done.
Such a cute going away party for Devin! I love it!!!
Post a Comment