The opportunity to move to Boise has been a blessing we didn't expect to come for a long, long time. I was happy to live in Virginia for a long time until our opportunity came to "move back west". But that opportunity came out of nowhere and totally caught us off guard. All of a sudden our lives changed overnight and things just started falling into place. I feel the same way with this house. It has been the total opposite experience that we had in Richmond a few years ago. Anyway, it all started last summer when I did some newborn pictures for a Boise friend. She lived in this darling community up in the foothills called Hidden Springs and I just fell in love. I decided that if I ever got the chance to live in Boise it would be in Hidden Springs.
Hidden Springs is a new urbanist community (which means a lot to my real estate development nerd husband). It's kind of it's own little community set up in the foothills. It has a cute little town square, parks, swimming pools, a school, library, a community barn, farm and orchard and tons of trails for walking a biking. The mailboxes are in a centralized place to give you more opportunities to socialize with your neighbors. The houses are darling with big front porches and white picked fences. The have lots of community activities and events. (I know what you're thinking. The swingers thing is just a rumor people!!) I think it's just the coolest little place. The perception is that it's "really far out there". We decided to drive it a few times and it's only a 3 mile road up to the community from the main shopping area. And there's a beautiful back road into downtown for Devin's commute. He can be walking into his office within 20 minutes. Any other neighborhood in Meridian, Eagle, or even west Boise was about a 30 minute commute because of all the traffic and congestion.
So anyway, I've had my eye on Hidden Springs and this darling house came on the market before I even got to Boise. I sent Devin over there as soon as he got into town and he really loved it. I saw it as soon as I could but we still wanted to make sure we were doing the right thing. So I spent a few days combing through all the other parts of town and walking through house after house. In almost every other house I saw I just wanted to get out of there as soon as I could. It just wasn't my house. But this one felt right from the beginning. The sellers wanted to stay through June so it gave us some time to get our townhome in VA under contract. Which I am going to say nothing about because I don't want to jinx myself. So there you go! (Sorry about the pics. I stole them off of Zillow. The look better if you click on them.)













5 comments:
It is a really cute home! Looks like a spacious interior with lots of design extras. The community sounds great.
I think you will love Hidden Springs and I love the house. We are so happy you are here!
I love the kitchen. How exciting for you guys and for Joan and Tom!
I LOVE that house! It is beautiful and fits you perfectly! I hope everything goes smoothly and that you're all moved in soon :)
This is a darling house, Morrises! We have been to Hidden Springs with Missy and Jedd - on the 4th of July a couple years ago, when Jedd's friend played in a band that they had hired in the park. It did seem like a fun community.
Post a Comment