Sunday, May 11, 2014

Conversations with 5-year-olds


Hi Ms. Maddock,
Your emails make me so happy to see what all the kids are up to and so sad at the same time!  Eva really misses her classmates.  I just have to keep reminding myself that a month from now they would all be going their separate ways anyway.  But what a sweet time for Eva in her life. 

Eva wanted to write a little note.
Hi Ms. Maddock.  I traveled a long time to Boise but I had fun in the car.  It didn't seem like 5 days even though it was 5 days.  We went to gas stations many times.  And I went a lot of miles.  I went 2,500 miles.  And I went through 11 states.  I did not run out of gas and on the road I was very safe.  My mom helped me find stuff to do on the travel.  Now I'm here in Boise so I can stay with my grandma for a little bit.  My grandpa likes to go hiking and camping so for my birthday we are going to go camping.  I know that I will have so much fun.  I miss James and Graycen and Ryan and Emma and Nate and Finn.  Please write what I said on a paper and bring it to school and then they can see what I said on the email.  Goodbye!  Hopefully you can have a nice week. 

 Eva

 I was hoping you would write to us.  What a sweet letter from Eva.  I will read it to the class tomorrow.  Next time you write tell us which states you drove through so we can find them on the map.  Enjoy having your family back together! 

 Virginia, West Virginia (coal mining towns), Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas (pit stop in Kansas City to play with cousins), Nebraska ("Mommy?  Are we in the country or the city?" Definitely the country!), Wyoming (McDonalds had little saddles for all the kids to sit in!  Most exciting thing of our trip!), Utah, Idaho.

Great.  We will map it tomorrow.  I read Eva's note to the kids.  Here are their replies.

 Ryan:  Thank you for coming to our school and having a great time with us.
Emma:  Thank you for sending the letter.  I am going to have to travel soon for my trip, too.
Gracyn:  I miss you Eva.  I hope you have a good time in Boise.
James:  We liked having you at our school.
Finn:  We have an x-ray machine and doctor's office set up in our classroom this week.
Nate:  Thank you Eva for sending the note.  I love you so much and want you to come play at my house.
As you can see, she is missed.

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

How sweet. I love Eva's email to her teacher. So happy she's here!

Team O'Connor said...

Adorable :)