Before I start with the Halloween festivities, I wanted to recap Eva's very first Primary Program. (Where the kids do a program for church services.) I wish I would have taken a camera with me. Holy cow. It was so cute. She stood right in the front and covered up all of the littler Sunbeams behind her. She was very... er... excited? (cough...hyper and crazy.) She would jump up and down, grin out into the crowd, sway wildly to the music. The best was when they sang "Choose the Right." She belted out the chorus so loudly that she drowned out the entire primary. Then she would mumble the verse and belt out the chorus again. It was pretty funny. And she had her part memorized, "My ears are reverent when they listen." Again, wish I had a picture.
We visited a ward last week and it was their primary program. Eva cried and whined the entire time b/c I wouldn't let her go up to the stand. They opened with "Wise Man" and then repeated it later in the program. When Sophie heard it she yelled at the top of her lungs, "Oh no! Not again!!!"
On to Halloween. This year I decided to let Sophie wear her costume all week. She wore it for 8 days straight. Why not, right? She's pretty much obsessed with Minnie Mouse. She still asks me daily if she can wear this dress.
The creative hair-do is to keep her ears on in case you were wondering.
Cute little high heels I made from some old plastic princess heels and Minnie Slippers. That was the extent of my Halloween craftiness.
Here is my cute little Cinderella. Complete with Cinderella heels, of course. We had about 4 different parties on 4 different days so these costumes had a fun ride.
Here's Sophie with her new little best friend, Lucy. She was Minnie too! They were so cute that day! I love it.
And here we are at the ward party. Devin was a professional soccer player and I was a Beverly Hills Housewife. It was one of those awkward costumes where you're not really sure if the person dressed up. Yeah, I'm not very good at the costume thing.
Eva's preschool class for her class party.
Jack-o-lantern.
The costume was looking a little rough by day 8.
She was pretty much a mess by the time Trick-or-treating came around.
And Eva was over it. But they held it together long enough to fill my candy coffers. Thanks, girls!!

4 comments:
That last picture of Sophie is hilarious. What a funny girl and what a cute Mom for letting them dress up every day the week of Halloween. They made a pretty cute Minnie and Cinderella. Great pictures as always. I wish I could have been at the Sacrament meeting program. Maybe someday..
Hahahah! Those girls are hilarious! You're the best Mom. Hopefully they will understand how much fun you are by letting them do the little things like wearing their costume for 8 days straight :)
Cute post! I love the story about the Children's Sacrament Meeting Programs! Fun pictures of everyone in Halloween costumes!
Love that Minnie. If only her dad could talk like Mickie . . . (inside joke)
Post a Comment