We have decided that May in Richmond is not a great month. It is the month when we say good-bye to another wave of our "student" friends. This year we were dealt a particularly tough blow. It's hard to say good-bye to so many people that we love so much.
The "fourth years". Jackie, Katie, Michelle, Alicia, Vanessa, Bridgette, Lindsay, Kim, Jillayne, Brittany, Maddie and Mandi.
The entire group at our annual "Farewell Scraps" which is kind of like the final at EFY but not as much crying.
And my very first friend in Richmond, Kim, also left this week. She has been such an amazing friend to me these past three years and I'm really going to miss her! Thankfully she is moving to Boise so we'll get to see them lots. But that still doesn't help this crummy situation!!!
And Milah has been Eva's best friend since she was one. It has been so fun watching these two grow from little chubby babies into beautiful little girls. I've seriously had the hardest time lately watching them play together and wondering what Eva will do without her Milah. She'll probably be fine. I don't think she really gets it. I'm just happy they still get to play together in Boise now and then as they grow up.
Milah and Eva as chubby little babies!
Sorry if this is a depressing post but memories are memories, right?
And just to give myself a little laugh here's a pic from our Christmas White Elephant Scraps that I never posted.

5 comments:
I'm so sorry! That is really sad when something so great has to change. Hopefully you get some cool new kids in town to help fill the void. It's never the same! My only advice is to make something delicious maybe with a chocolate/caramel combination and overindulge in it. It's the only proven method to make yourself feel better.
Awww, that makes me so sad too! We are really going to miss you guys so much! You better be calling me when you come to Boise, so we can meet up too! I have been dreading this year knowing that I would be leaving so many wonderful friends and that my kids would have to leave all there wonderful friends too. If you even come to Mountain Home, you always have a place to stay :) Luv ya girl!
Bummer. I remember the same thing in Philly each May as families moved out-- many we'd likely not see again. Kim and Milah sound like Calli and Dixon. I'm still depressed thinking about them!! I'm sorry!!
At least Milah will be in Boise and you can have them over whenever you come home to visit. Kim actually came by last night and dropped off the suitcase.
This post had me crying when I thought of little Milah moving! I have always hated May in my Chapel Hill Student-type ward too. The one comforting thing is that 20 more new friends will arrive between now and August for you :). I'm kind of glad that I was a disaster in May when we were going to come visit. It would've been an unncessary goodbye :). We're excited to see you guys soon. Can I talk you into pulling a fast trip to Waterton?!
Post a Comment