Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I love my mothers.  My mom, Darlene, is "always there for me".  I hate it when people use that term because it is so generic.  But there is a lot of meaning in there.  She is always excited when I call, laughs hysterically at everything I say, always finding new ways to help me and coming out to visit whenever she can.   She has spent her entire life giving of herself to her 5 crazy daughters and now her 6 grandchildren.  There is nothing she wouldn't do for me (or anyone I ask her to do something for... I have to be careful!).  It is so comforting to live in this world with a mom like her always standing behind me.  Devin's mom, Joan, is also so incredibly loving and supportive of her children.  She has amazing listening skills and loves to hear every detail of our week both through weekly phone calls and the blog.  She has such a sweet, kind way about her (qualities I try in vain to absorb whenever we're around her!) and we always know how much she loves us and cares for us.  She never misses a birthday, special anniversary or day when we might need a few extra prayers.  She is always thinking of others.  I am so blessed to have these wonderful women in my life!

My Mother's Day has been a wonderful one (and it's only 2pm so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)  I got to "sleep in" until 8am.  Then Devin and the girls brought me breakfast in bed.  Eva picked out the menu:  eggs, almonds and dried cherries and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.  The girls thought the eating of bed idea was the greatest idea since chocolate milk.  Then at church Eva had her first chance to sing in Sacrament meeting.  She looked so cute up there in her pig tails and a shy little smile across her face.  Then during Relief Society we sat and ate cheesecake, Lindt truffles and berries for an hour.  Mmmm. 

Here's a little questionnaire Eva answered about her mother. 

My mom is 13 years old.
My mom weighs 1 pounds.
My mom's favorite color is red.
My mom's favorite food is honey cereal.
My mom always says "I love you".
My mom cooks the best dinner.
My mom's job is to clean up.
My mom laughs when I tickle her.
If my mom had time, she would love to have fun.
My mom and I like to play Chuck E. Cheese games together.
My mom really loves her favorite holiday: Thanksgiving.
I LOVE my mom because I just love her sooooo much!!

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What a sweet tribute! You deserve all the breakfasts in bed and lindt truffles and cheesecake you desire. You are an awesome mom and deserve to be pampered. Happy mothers day!

Pal & Hatty said...

This is a wonderful tribute to the moms in your life! I don't know your mom but everything you said about Joan is true!! I love Eva's answers to the questions!

Pam said...

What a thoughtful daughter/daughter-in-law you are, Sarah, to write such kind tributes! Hearing and seeing those words is the sweetest music to a mother's ears!

Kay Hinton said...

Oh, that little Eva interview will be a treasure when she's older -to both of you! So cute. I loved your tributes. You are lucky to have Joan and she's lucky to have you. That's what I think.

sara cardon said...

Awww, that questionnaire is too cute! I love Eva's answers. When Lucy does those she supplies HER answers as mine, which is pretty funny. Can't wait to see guys this weekend!

melissa knudsen said...

Nice job Eva!