So Manhattan is only a 90 minute drive from Philly. The temptation was too great. We drove up in the morning, parked the car and then spent the day wandering and eating and wandering and eating. It was fabulous. And I felt fabulous. Who wouldn't feel fabulous while walking around Central Park with a bag full of French cheese? It was a perfect day and here are some pics to prove it.
Farmer's market on Broadway where we bought our $5 "designer" sunglasses.
...but with a plastic cigarette hanging from his mouth. So he sits down and we make small talk about where he's from (Israel), his family (he has a baby at home, whew!), and what he does for a living. At that question, he turns to me with a mischievous smile and says, "I make chocolates". You don't hear that every day but I was more amused by the person sitting next to me to really think it all through. Later he tells me he's on his way to Vegas to help open a restaurant at the Forum Shops. He tells me the name which I shortly forget. Names have no place in my brain until I see them on paper. Anyway, he makes a very nice seat mate, not seeming bothered by all the squirming on my side, patient as I try to get Eva to sleep for 4 hours (unsuccessful until we land, of course). Funny note: When I'm putting Eva to bed, I'll give her a binkie and her blankie and she'll kind of pet her blankie. So she's doing this on the plane but she reaches over and starts giving this guy next to me an arm massage. I think she thought it was her blankie but he just looked over at me and started chuckling. No harm done, right? So he's walking down the isle to de-plane (we hadn't exchanged names) and I ask him the name of the restaurant. He looks around then says the name, Max something and says good-bye and heads out. The row in front of me whips around and says, "Is that Max Bren ner?" I didn't know, nor did the thought every cross my mind he could be opening one of his restaurants. "Who's Max Bren ner?" "He has this restaurant in Union Square that is really BIG in New York right now." Then they got all excited about seeing Max. So I went home and googled it and found out they were right and that I HAD to see this place. Chocolate pizza, chocolate fondue, chocolate syringes for a direct shot... this is my kind of place. And yes, the chocolate was to die for.
11 comments:
Too bad you didn't know who that guy was- you might have got free chocolate. Great story.
I'm dying for several reasons #1. Nice Office quote :) #2. Only you would randomly sit next to a famous guy and let your daughter give him an arm massage. I love it! Hahaha! You are my favorite! One day Eva will be so proud of her brave self :) #3. You are my proof to Corey that having a child will not slow us down.
Looks like a great time, it makes me want to visit NYC so bad. And I love the Office quote! LOL!
That is such a random and crazy story. I wonder if you went to his restaurant if he'd remember you? WIsh we'd have gone to NYC a little more...
Yeah for trips to NYC and for picnics with french bread and cheese in Central Park. I bet Devin was in heaven. What a fabulous day! How nice of Sara and Jon to babysit. We really do need to do a girl trip to New York when Whitney gets home.
I love NYC--looks like you guys had a great time! Love the belly shots in your previous post too. I feel like I've totally popped out in the last few weeks too. Definitely better to actually look pregnant :)
Fun post and fun trip. It (almost) makes me want to visit NYC again. As much as Devin likes cheese, I would have thought you would have found a job in Wisconsin by now so you both could wear those fashionable cheese heads around.
A day in heaven! Great food and time with the hubby. You look amazing, and I love that shirt you are wearing. I've gotta get one of those. So pretty. I love the celbrity chocolate maker story.
What a fun trip! Just thinking about all the yummy food in NYC is making me hungry! That was so sweet of Sara and Jon to babysit. Next time you guys go you should check out The Isle of Capri. It is an AMAZING italian restaurant. Love the chocolate story, what a fun celebrity story.
What a blast!!! That olive oil gelato, crazy combo sounds good; I'd like I'd like to try it. And what a cool story, so I guess you're famous. You sat by Max Brenner.
Was that Sbarro's comment a shout out to The Office? I hope you were kidding! Hey, I have had a thank-you note for you for about four weeks now for those darling clips you sent me. I wrote it the day before I gave birth and now my life is insane and I haven't gotten around to sending it! I'm so lame. I'll just tell you that I really appreciated the gift and your note is coming soon. I'm jealous you went to the city and your day sounds like a dream come true!
Post a Comment