Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yes, I'm in Boise. Please don't rob my house.

I hate getting too far behind in the blogging b/c then I have so much to write about that I just dump and forget forever. Truth is I've had a long string of bad luck this month so I haven't wanted to write anything b/c deep down I know my life isn't all that bad. It's actually really, really good. But still, when you have a mugging outside your house, and you've been sick all month with only 3 days off, and have a husband that was in a car accident with the car in the shop and luggage missing for 4 days, miss out on a trip to Canada for a wedding you wonder what else might happen before your luck turns for the better. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I just want to put all this behind me and sit back and enjoy Devin, Eva and the Morris Clan. The lights and snow are beautiful here and it makes me think about the light of Christ and how that is really the only thing that makes you feel good in this world. I am so grateful for God's gifts of joy, peace and happiness through Jesus Christ. So if I don't make it back to the blog before Friday, Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

I am so sorry you have had such a rough month. I know it really must have been rough because I rarely hear you mention any kind of bad luck! Merry Christmas! I hope next year is better than last month!

CurtisandJackie said...

Yikes! I'm sorry it has been such a hard month. I hope things get better soon. If it makes you feel any better you blog post titles always crack me up and make me smile. Merry Christmas!

Cameron said...

Mugging?! What the?.... I haven't heard of that and the car accident. I am so sorry to hear about all of this, and am grateful you are okay. I hope your Christmas is wonderful!

Team O'Connor said...

Whhhaaat?! Do you need us to check on your place 'cause we'll do it. We'll also bring our guns if you need. You can borrow one for as long as you need. Let us know if we can help in any way. Have fun in Boise!

Sarah said...

Thanks for all the validation guys. I feel much better now and also feel like a total whiner. Carrie, we are coming up for gun school. I have a feeling Corey will be ok with this arrangement.

Nat said...

you're so dramatic.... like the rest of your family:)

Kay Hinton said...

Wow! You need to tell more details. I hope things are going better in Boise.

Alicia said...

I hope things are looking up for you. It sounds like a rough month. Sorry about that!

Carina said...

I'm sorry you guys have had such a rough month! Did you guys get mugged? Is Devin ok? I hope the start of a new year is a start of better luck this month!

Kelly M said...

So sorry that you had a crazy month. I hope you enjoyed your holiday in Boise.

Teresa said...

Time to post Christmas...I need to steal pics from Katie's wedding!