Thursday, December 3, 2009

Clemson Visit and Thanksgiving

The weekend before last we took a trip down to Clemson to visit friends and go the the last home football game. It took us a little over 6 hours to drive there and it was a piece of cake thanks to Eva's portable DVD player. Saturday we visited friends in the morning then went to the game with the Newbolds and Melissa K. She got us amazing seats in the West End Zone so we didn't have to take the babies into the wild student section. She's not quite old enough to learn the meaning of the word "drunk". Instead we worked on "pretzel". There is nothing quite like the football atmosphere of Clemson with all the tailgating, running down the hill, sea of orange, excited fans... It was enough to inspire Devin to do a man-blog but he says he's going to wait until the ACC conference Championship is over so he doesn't jinx the team. We went to church on Sunday and had a great time. We love our ward there and miss it terribly. It was so good to see all our old friends again.

Thanksgiving was a fun one. We stayed in Richmond and spent it with friends. I once again got out of having to do a turkey. I don't know why I'm so scared of that thing but I am. Anyhoo, Friday night we had a pie party and ended up with a house full of people and a fridge full of pies. It was great. I always think that no one is going to show up to my parties so I spend the week before thinking that I'm a loser and that I'm never going to have a party again then it turns out great and I worried for nothing. I didn't take any pictures of the weekend so sorry about that!

Devin was in NYC this week for training so Santa came early to bring me a new KitchenAid! I'm so excited and am starting on a batch of whole wheat bread as we speak. Let me know if you have any good bread recipes that work well in the mixer. (preferably whole grains)

7 comments:

Frankman's said...

she looks so cute in her clemson outfit!

Joan Morris said...

I'm so glad you got to go back to Clemson and spend time with all your friends. What a fun weekend. I think the "pie for breakfast" idea is a keeper. It can become your new family tradition :)

Shannon said...

ooooh aaahhh! The Kitchen Aid's are the best! I have one but sadly I don't use it as much as I should. Glad you guys had fun in Clemson. :)

Kay Hinton said...

I so relate with the party "I'm a loser" thing. I do the same thing. Must be human, or at least woman nature.

Dalton Family said...

YOu crack me up! But I totally know what you mean about worrying that no one will show etc. Too funny!
I've never had to do a Tday turkey either! It scares me too!
You look great! Such a cute little family!

I have a bread recipe, it's not whole grain, but it's a yummy/easy french bread that my family loves:

2 ½ c. warm water
2 T yeast (Saf-Instant Yeast)
2 T sugar
2 t salt
5 ½ c. flour

Mix everything in Kitchen Aid for 5 minutes. Let raise 5 minutes. Shape into 2 long loaves (like French bread). Let rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes.
(make soup while bread is rising and baking)

Teresa said...

i love evas little outfit! i can't believe the blankie is still on the scene! congrats on the mixer, and you look great!

Lindsay said...

I tell you this like you wouldn't already know... but Mrs. Carrie O'Connor is your bread source. she knows everything. She is Bread Omnicient.