Thursday, October 15, 2009

Virginia Beach


Married for 3 years? Are you kidding me? I don't feel that old. But then again, I will be 30 in less than a year. Gulp. So to celebrate our anniversary we spent a line-free morning riding roller coasters at Bush Gardens then drove over the Virgina Beach for the night. First we went and saw the oldest lighthouse in the US (not pictured). And then we went and hung out on the beach for awhile. It was a bit windy but it was warmer than the pictures make it look. The water was perfect and I actually wish I would have brought my swimsuit. I'm excited for next summer when I can go there for the day. 90 minutes away is do-able for a day trip, right? Can you tell someone loves to play in the waves? She threw quite a hissy fit when we left.









9 comments:

Shonna said...

That looks like so much fun! Happy Anniversary.

Familia Durham said...

I miss Va Beach!! Did you go to the boardwalk? Did you get the chance to visit Norfolk too? I am glad you had a good time.

Joan Morris said...

Such cute pictures. I love the one of Eva and Devin from behind. Some day I'll have to visit Virginia Beach, I remember hearing about it for the first time on "The Waltons". Does that age me?

Dalton Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Such cute pictures!

I love the pigtail milestone--she is so cute!

Kay Hinton said...

I love the colors of these pictures. It just looks like Eastern US coast by the colors. . .somehow.

Carina said...

Happy Anniversary! I think the beach was a perfect way to celebrate! Cute pics :0).

Teresa said...

Adorable pics. you are the cutest family ever! Way to live up the anniversary. Whether it is the Biltmore or VA Beach, I love how you don't let a baby slow down your anniversary festivities. I can't believe it has already been three years. You two will always be newly weds to me :).

Tom said...

Wait a minute . . . You guys are married? When did that happen? Wow, time flys and my brain seems to have already filled up all of the space on the memory card (probably just an old 64mb card that came free with the unit). But Happy Anniversary anyway!

sara cardon said...

What a great beach!! If it's warm enough next May, we may just join you for a beach day.:) I LOVED the post about Eva's piggies and having her on the leash. I mean, hey, if it's for their safety and not from sheer laziness, I totally get it. You'll be happy you have it when your preggo and not wanting to chase her!!