Sunday, June 28, 2009

Check out my blog book.


I'm so excited about my blog book. I used the free software on blurb.com and ordered it about a week ago. It took me a few weeks to make it but it actually was really easy. It loaded all the blog entries and pictures for me so I didn't have to cut and paste my life away. I did the 7x7 size and used 200 pages. All in all it cost just under $50 including shipping and tax. I'm going to do one every year from now on. I'm never scrapbooking again!!

17 comments:

Meradith said...

This is a FABULOUS idea. I will have to do the same thing! You are a genius Sarah! Because seriously. blogging is the best journal and who wants to write all this stuff twice?

Zach and Nikki said...

We did the same thing and LOVE it! I'll be doing one every year as well--it's such a great way to do personal family history.

Lindsay said...

So just think... next year, your blog book can have a whole page about your previous year's blog book, from this blog entry.

I love this idea. I'm going to do it!

Shonna said...

My mom told me about that really cool book--what a fabulous idea!!!

Team O'Connor said...

Genius! I've never seen that. I'm definitely checking into that. When are you guys moving here? Do you need any help? Let me know!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Wow. What a great idea.

The Davis' said...

I'm so glad you posted about this because I have been curious to how it would actually turn out! So cool! I can't wait to do mine now...and I really need to start blogging more often :)

Kira said...

is it really that easy??? that is what I want to do!

Kay Hinton said...

I've seen it and it's darling and such high quality. What a fun way to scrapbook!

Jen said...

I've heard about that but never known anyone who has done it. I'm so glad to hear you like the result. The price is incredible for that many pages, too.

sara cardon said...

Yea!! I've LOVED the one you made me, and I too need to start producing the "sequels" while I have the gumption to do it. Eva will love reading about herself when she's about Lucy's age.:)

The Meyers said...

I am going to have to call you to figure out how to do this! Awesome!

Amelia Hohl said...

I'm planning on doing this for each one of my kids for their wedding gift or graduation gift someday since hopefully they will all have their entire lives blogged on their own blogs. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't as expensive as I had thought. 18 years might be a little expensive though. haha!

Dalton Family said...

OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Now I'm wondering if I should've done the 7x7 instead...oh well, too much work to start over! I'm going to order mine today...i think:-) Thanks for the inspiration!

Dalton Family said...

Ok, so I just did it:-) Thanks a lot Sarah, I was supposed to be cleaning.

HaLaine said...

LOVE Blurb...I do it EVERY YEAR! I have 3 books now!

Unknown said...

AMEN to that! I ordered a blog book for our first year, and it was a really good idea.