Sunday, June 28, 2009

Boise Trip Part One- The Flight

We arrived at the Charlotte airport ready to leave and of course our flight was canceled for the night. We checked into a hotel so we didn't have to spend another 4 hours on the road. The hotel didn't have a crib so we decided to try the children's Benadryl to get Eva to sleep since she can't sleep unless she's surrounded by bars. I had built a sort of cage out of luggage and furniture, we put her in, turned out the lights... within 2 seconds she had escaped and was wandering around the room in the dark, smacking on furniture, mirrors, pulling herself up on the bed and yelling at us... creating all sorts of noise. I'm pretty sure the benny had the opposite effect on her... the kid was wired. We tried to ignore her as she crawled around and explored but then I couldn't take it anymore so I laid her on the bed with me and turned on the t.v. This is when she invented the bootie smack. She laid down on her side and started smacking her bumbo over and over and over. We were laughing so hard by this point but trying not to encourage her naughtiness. Finally after about 2 hours of trying to get her to sleep I put her in the car and she was out within 10 minutes. The flight the next day was pretty nice. She slept most of the way and having Devin with me made it about 100 times easier. I was able to help an elderly lady that spoke only Spanish who was flying alone. She and her family were so worried but she ended up being seated next to us so we could talk her through the flight and help her to her next gate during the lay over. We discovered that she was a member of the church and she was so happy when she found out I was a return missionary. It was fun for me to hear about the church in Peru and her conversion story. Just another example of how the Lord micro-manages my life- doing something as simple as making my flight more enjoyable for me.

I'm trying my darndest to get the bootie smack on video. But here's a video of her bum spins that makes her famous with the primary kids.

9 comments:

Meradith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meradith said...

Ha That video is so so cute! I love it! I'm glad the flights turned out ok, they can be so stressful. The car seat usually does the trick for us, too.

Emily said...

Eva's movies are the best!! She is such a funny one! I am sure she takes after her mother!

Shonna said...

Wow! Sounds like quite the adventure. I'm so glad you got to sit next to that lady from Peru, and I bet she was sure relieved. Love the bum twirls. ;)

Kristen Mackrory said...

Such a cute habit! I am glad that your flight went so well despite it getting delayed.

Katie Palmer said...

looks like I found myself a new break dancing move!

Kay Hinton said...

You've got to post one of Eva "bouncing" It is so dang cute.

Teresa said...

LOVE the little flight adventure story. Sweet Baby!

Shannon said...

I have never seen a baby do that! What a BRILLIANT little girl she is!