Tuesday, August 19, 2008

...baby dropping

Devin is finally home and we have 5 days until baby day. Operation induce labor is in full force. I looked like a crazy lady last night marching up and down the hill at the park. But what can I say, we want this baby OUT. I feel like a giant penguin. All the end of the road symptoms are driving me nuts and it is time to get this overwith. Last night she was kicking around so much, just having a good old time. Devin and I had to scold her tell her to focus in there. She's got to get down to business and be born already. My goodness.


The people here have been so nice to me while Devin's been away. I had 2 showers this month and they were so much fun. The first one was thown by some buddies at work. I love Southerners. The favorite party game was sit on a balloon and pop it.



The girls from church also threw me a party. They stocked me up with all the toys, bath things and "other stuff" I'll need. I'm totally set now. Here's a picture of the lovely hostess', Lorena, Kristin and Christine. (Kristin is going to be my doula at the birth.) And the second picture is me opening up presents. I think this was right before I fell out of the chair. I'm so graceful nowadays...

12 comments:

HaLaine said...

You still look gorgeous you big nerd. Can't wait to see that baby!! GOOD LUCK!

Joan Morris said...

It is so fun to see your shower pictures. Looks like everyone has been so generous. You look great, but I'm sure are so ready to be done being pregnant. We are also so anxious. I carry my cell phone everywhere just in case we get the call. I don't know what I'll do this weekend when we are camping and out of cell phone range. I'll be worried the whole time that I'm missing the call ):

Jen said...

Ha, "Jim Halpert face." That's hilarious and perfectly fits the situation. How nice everyone has been taking such good care of you.

If you want a medical nerd labor inducer that is totally TMI, e-mail me and I'll tell you. :)

Tiffany said...

You got my heart pumping when I opened your blog and finally saw a new post! I thought for sure this was the baby announcement blog! You have us bloggers on pins and needles! I started my contractions once by eating Del Taco then pushing Alex around in his stroller on a long walk. But then they stopped them at the hospital...grrr! Good luck!!!

Lindsay said...

Ok you are SO CUTE!! This is like the craziest time, the last few days. I am so excited for you!! She will change your life! Good luck and post pics asap!

The Davis' said...

I thought the same as Tiffany when I saw the new post...that you had the baby!! Dang it!! I feel for you, the last few days are rough but sooooo worth it, hang in there!

I'm curious about Jen's TMI labor inducer?????

Nathan and Sarah said...

Good luck trying to get this baby out. I ate indian food as hot as they would make it (you couldn't even taste the food!) but nothing seemed to work for me.. I am so excited for you!!!!! Time flies after the baby gets here!

Sarah

Tiffany said...

Jen's TMI baby inducer=SEX.

Anonymous said...

I didn't eat for 24 hours and walked 3 miles and cleaned my whole house the day I finally went into labor with Roxy, 2 days overdue. It was the moment I finally fell asleep at 12:00 am that my water broke. Sex doesn't work unless you are already ready, and I NEVER tried the castor oil thing, just didn't want the "side effects". Baby is the only one who can decide when it is time. I was medically induced with Leandra, because they wanted her to come early because of the gastroschesis, and Bree was 8 days over due, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I made them put me into labor, but my best labor was with Roxy, going on my own. It was very fun and exciting. If you want any hospital do's and don't email me.

sara cardon said...

Look how cute you are!! Not many women would post pictures 5 days before D-Day...I refused at about 6 months.:) KEEP US POSTED!! Get that little "guy" movin'!! (I know castor oil has worked for many, many people, so if you're desperate enough...)

Teresa said...

You're almost there, hang in there!

Dalton Family said...

ha! I love everyone's labor advice! Jen....is Tiffany right? Is that what you were going to say too??? I love it! Good luck Sarah! Can't wait to see baby Eva!