Monday, June 2, 2008

Kentucky and on up...

I finally have my pictures from the trip uploaded so I can post everything. On our way up to Chicago we stopped in Louisville, KY for a couple days to visit my cousin Chelsea and her husband Hans. We had a blast exploring the streets, campus, parks, museums, race tracks and of course, the food. Here is Devin outside the Louisville Slugger museum and eating a Hot Brown at the famous Lynn's Paradise Cafe. We love exploring new cities and Louisville is a great one.


Chelsea and I are due a week apart so here is a picture of the two of us with our matching bellies. The next picture was taken at a racetrack in Lexington.

I think I tried on about 30 different hats. I don't know why it entertained me for so long. But I decided that we should have way more activities that are big-hat-appropriate. The next picture is of this sick concoction that they're crazy about in Cincinnati. We stopped there on our way for a little exploring and to try the local "five-ways" of spaghetti, chili with chocolate, cheese, onions... and one other thing that I can't remember...

11 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Yippee, I'm the first to comment. What a fun trip. Your lives are full of adventures. I don't know that the chili adventure looks too inviting though! I do think you defininetly need to buy a hat though before you leave the south.
We are so excited to see you this Thursday (:!

Familia Durham said...

I love the baseball bat!!! I want one... he he he I am sure my boys would love it there. :)

Nathan and Sarah said...

you are adorable Sarah! What a cute little belly!

Sarah

Teresa said...

You have always been a hat girl! Remember that beautiful, huge, pink hat mom bought you for your 16th birthday! Anyways! We're so glad yoy guys like traveling, the Cubs, and Chicago. Your love of those three are contagious. Every night Cam and I are trying to find a good Cubs game on t.v.!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute with your belly!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you had a great time exploring Kentucky, and exploring all the fun hats! How fun that you and your cousin are just a week apart. Your growing belly is so cute!

HaLaine said...

YOU ARE WAY TOO CUTE for 27 weeks...

Paul and Joni said...

Deja Vu on the Bat museum pic, I was there this weekednd. Did I tell you guys I moved to Louisville two weeks ago? Morris, if you read this, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail sometime.
Paul

Frankman's said...

you're belly is SOOOO cute! we're so excited for you guys!

sara cardon said...

Love the hat picture!! So adorable!! I'm totally diggin' that belly....:)

Jen said...

You look so cute pregnant. I love the belly update on the side. Definitely keep that up.

And I'm glad you enjoyed "Ask Again Later." I kinda want to shout from the rooftops that everyone should read it.