Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun in Boise

Okay, so I'm a bit behind and so much has happened since I wrote this post. Since then I've been to Vegas, Utah and Island Park but I need some blogging material besides my feelings on who DeAnna chooses on Bachelorette tonight so check back later for the rest.

This summer has been great so far. Devin is busy working at his internship and doing great. I get to be the stay at home wifey. It's been so fun. I read, float in the pool, go shopping with Devin's mom, Joan, and work a few hours here and there for my Clemson job. It has been so relaxing for a change. Everyone tells me to take advantage while I can. These days will soon be over. The first week I was here Devin and I threw a surprise party for Devin's mom. It was a great time and check out this fruit tart I made. Aren't they Purdy?? Happy Birthday, Joan!

Last week Devin's sister, Sara and baby Lucy came to visit. I love this little picture of Lucy in the spa. She is so cute and nice. It was fun to watch her bond with her little cousin. She kept coming up and putting her hand on my belly and saying "baby". It was super cute. I miss that little girl. They grow up so fast!



Devin and I have been married for almost 2 years and we finally made it on our first camping trip. I discovered that an air mattress and 3 pillows is the most comfortable 3rd trimester sleeping place. I had my best night's sleep so far. I love this picture of Lucy trying to feed Uncle Taylor (Day-lo) her binky.

Now I know this is totally random but in Vegas I was cleaning out my closet and I found all my mission stuff. I discovered this random collection of ties and was reminded of one of the nuances of missionary culture. I don't know what it is but missionaries have this weird thing with collecting things. In my mission, one of the things we all collected was nasty, thrift store ties. (Chicago should be famous for its thrift stores, I swear.) I remember being so proud of these particular finds. Now I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do with them and why, as a girl I even bothered. Maybe I can talk Devin into wearing a few b/c there's a slight chance the old men that once owned them may have watched a Cubs game in them. New tie, anyone?

15 comments:

Frankman's said...

those ties are hilarious! it was fun to see you last week! thanks for stopping by :-)

Dgroatchic said...

Remeber we used to collect those little "homeys" from the gum ball machines? Haven't been able to find my collection lately, but I'm sure it will show up when I'm not thinking about it.

Sarah said...

I loved my Homeys like children. I found that collection, too. Maybe I'll post that picture when I go back for Christmas. That's one mission treasure my children are sure to cherish...

Kay Hinton said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful, relaxing summer. I know Joan's enjoying it, too. What have you read?

Teresa said...

Love the tie comment about Devin wearing a Cubs fan tie. The only problem...your mission was on the Southside of Chicago...the ties could have been tainted by a White Sox fan as well. SHHHH, we'll just keep that part a secret!

Joan Morris said...

We're so glad you are here. We are having so much fun! I don't know who will be my "new recipe" buddy when you go back to SC.{:

Devin said...

Teresa, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I now refuse to wear any of those ties knowing that they were possibly once worn by White Sux fans. Sick.

RDavidson said...

the Bachelorette huh? I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a guilty pleasure of watching that show. I must say though.. I was cheering for Jason over Jesse.

Lindy said...

Ha! I was cleaning out my drawers to move and I came across the freaky you as a midget picture we "photoshopped." Hysterical even now. Amazing you still have all those ties! Looks like a fun summer you're having. I'm pulling out of moving weirdness, so call anytime. We need to talk.

Lindy said...

And did I see Devin say "White Sux?" Devin sucks...only in his baseball fanhood though. Cubs? More like Shlubs.....er...I'm lame...

Tiffany said...

It was so good to see you recently! Thanks again for the dinner. It was fun watching the Bachelorette w/ you...still can't believe Jesse won. Although I was it coming!

Tiffany said...

that should be SAW it coming! ;)

Jen said...

Ha, what is it with women being pack rats? I find it hilarious that you collected ties, before you had a mad to wear them. That's awesome.

Thanks for having us over (last week?). I'm sorry and sad we couldn't stay longer, but it was so fun to see you and catch up for a second. It's also so fun to show off Todd. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you actaully enjoyed camping this far into your pregnancy. I went deep sea fishing in my third trimester once, not smart. I was sea sick for days and could not get the rocking feeling to go away for weeks. I think my amniotic fluid and extra blood supply absorbed it and hung onto it for me. Glad to hear from you finally!

sara cardon said...

What a nice post!! Lucy loves you guys so much too!! When I show her pictures of you, so points to my tummy and says "baby." Close, but not quite.:) Okay, and the Bachelorette?!? I was thrilled she picked Jesse!! Smart move. What did you think?