I'm finally in Boise with my babe now. Devin is loving his internship on the development committee with the city of Boise and Kastera Homes. It is wonderful to be here with him and his family and to take a 6 week break from work and the Southern humidity. We're trying not to think about month number 9 when I'll be back there on my own. For now I have a few things to share:
1. I finally read the Kite Runner and loved it. I also picked up a couple books by Jhumpa Lahiri at the used bookstore in Clemson. Her Interpreter of Maladies, a collection of short stories was a book that I'm having a hard time describing with my brain-dead vocabulary... but check it out if you want a quick summer read. I decided that the definition of a good book is one that I want to share with friends, this being one. Feel free to send me any book suggestions for my summer list. 2. Devin's mom shared an essay with us recently that she found about the current economic outlook. If you want to read something that will be thought provoking as well as make you sound super-smart at your next party, read through this. Devin and I have been talking about it for a few days now. The connection with religion and birth rates is interesting as well as the relationship money and economic success has on birth rates. http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dft5xvbc_1xq352nd4&revision=_latest All in all, it made me proud to be an American (Canadian).
3. Here are a few pictures from my trip down to Charleston. Devin had a 2-week coastal tour last month for his program where they went from Myrtle Beach down to Hilton Head touring various developments. While in Charleston, I drove down for a day to see the city and spend some time with him. It is an amazingly beautiful city. Southern charm at its finest. I just wish I'd taken better photos.



4. Pregnancy update for the moms and sisters- I'm learning that everything I heard about the third trimester is true. I never thought I'd have to sleep with 5 different pillows. I'm starting to perfect the pregnancy waddle but I insist on wearing heels until the end. I learned the hard way that hiking is not for pregnant ladies! :) Baby girl is getting so big. Here's the pic at 30 weeks.
5. Yes, I did cut bangs. Everyone should try it.6. There's nothing like 5 lbs. of chocolate covered strawberried this time of year. Wait until they go on sale, buy a flat, chocolate-- dip away! It's only once a year you can gorge yourself on this fantastic treat.
14 comments:
Let's have a chocolate dip party!!!
YOU do NOT look 30 weeks pregnant! You are still super cute!!! I am excited for you to be a mom!!!
Aww you look so cute pregnant!
Your in Boise? We have a house in Meridian and we LOVE it there. But we are in Reno for the summer..
The bangs look great. I love bangs. And you definitely are a very cute pregnant woman. I'm so proud of you for continuing to wear heels--let me know how that works, because I'm totally addicted to heels.
Have fun in Boise. I've only been there once, but I really enjoyed it.
I'm glad you liked "Ask Again Later." The only reading suggestions I have is anything Baldacci. His are the only books I can think of right now that I really enjoyed reading. Or Jane Austen. I'm very much enjoying the collection of her books.
Those chocolate dipped strawberries were so delicious! We are so happy to have you in Boise (:!
You are darling. And tiny. And I secretly hate you in that loving kind of way. ( "
mmmm strawberries. Where are you having the baby?
You are close now!! Idaho!! :) I cant wait to see you! And you do look so great pregnant! Love it Sar!!
Love the post!! Love the new bangs!! I can't WAIT to see you in a few days!! Actually, you're making me look very bad as a pregnant lady. Throwing surprise parties at 30 weeks?!? Come on. I was lounging by the pool and pining for my husband when I was there all summer. All my mom ever does is GUSH about how wonderful you are.:)
Sarah, you wear pregnancy with class :). Pictures of Charleston are great. Can't wait to see how big baby Lexy-Clemmy is next week :).
Cute 30 week pic. and yes, I would also like to know where you are having that baby girl...
We were in B.C. for Mother's Day, just for 1 day, and I was sick, sick sick. so I didn't get anywhere except the park to entertain the kiddos!
I just got an email from Paula. She is living in Enoch, UT and was just set apart as the Valiant 9year old class teacher! Thought you would like to hear that...
you look fantastic! i can hardly wait for the little one!
I am also a fan of the Kite Runner. It had me completely engrossed! The movie is good too.
You are an adorable pregnant lady!
Do you wabble? Really? You don't look that big to be doing that... but if you are I would not recommend wearing heels, you probably don't want to fall and hurt your belly... Careful girl! Can't wait to see you back!
I love the bangs, the belly and how cute you are! I can't believe you moved to Boise? I'm really sad 'cause I totally imagined us strolling around DC or wherever together. I was going to ride my motorcycle down to visit you. Boise is just too far for a bike ride. Oh well, I will find a way to see you and meet your little girl. I'll sing her the patinho song.
Post a Comment