Weird that I'm close enough to go to TN for the day. But that's what we did this past weekend. We drove up to
Gatlinburg at the entrance to the Smokey Mountain National Park (if you look at the website, see if the bear holding a
bouquet freaks you out like it does me) and
Pigeon Forge, home of the one and only
Dollywood, Dolly
Parton's personal
theme park. Since we're close enough to get
Dollywood commercials now and again, we just had to see it for ourselves. (
Sound bytes of Dolly singing "Babes in
Toyland" will haunt me for the rest of my life, trust me.)Anyway, both cities were hideous strips of tourist traps and attractions... but as we were exploring I found myself often thinking "that would be so cool to do!" So now we have our list for next time. Here's a few pics.



Check back soon for some
new, big, breaking news just for my blogger friends...
7 comments:
Yeah, the bear is freaky!! ;)
I have yet to be to any of those places... we have been to TN but not to those touristy areas.
ha...I love it! You come up with the CRAZIEST activities that just make me want to visit! Devin's life will never be boring!
How fun, My husband and Devin went to HS together. We just found your blog and love it. Matt Purcell is his name.
we're DYING to know what the big breaking news is. we're hoping that it's the fact that devin has decided to enter the 2008 presidential race. he has our vote.
Dollywood??? I'm so jealous. And bring on the breaking news already!
Here's the BIG, BREAKING NEWS: You were so inpsired by Dollywood that you decided to up and get a little work done in the form of a boo.. yea...just kidding...let's pin this one on my dad.
Please email Brooks to let him know you went to Dollywood. That is awesome. I want to know the breaking news too!
Post a Comment