Friday, January 16, 2015

Road trip with the Hubby


Devin and I have been wanting to plan a trip for awhile but moving kind of put a wrench in things.  It was hard to plan ahead when so much of our life was up in the air.  When October came around we decided to do a road trip up and around our little neck of the woods and see what there was to see.  My parents came up to watch the kiddos.  They weren't sad to see us go at all.  Sophie said, "Just go, mom" and kicked me out the door.  Suckers!  ahhhhhahahaha

The first night we headed north and found a fun camp site on the banks of Lake Cascade.  We went to our favorite hot springs that night, Gold Fork.  It has this cool yurt and tiki torches with beautiful stone pools.  The perfect night.  We ate at Devin's favorite McCall restaurant, the Pancake House on our way out of town in the morning. 

We drove up to Coeur d' Alene to spend a couple days.  It is so beautiful there.  We spent time around the lake, hotel, and harbor.  We hiked Tubbs Hill and drove up to Sandpoint.  We went to this crazy Halloween zombie night at the area amusement park.  The rides were insane and we felt super old.  
 








 



Then we drove through Washington apple orchard country to Leavenworth, the Bavarian Christmas town.  And home of the famous hat shop.  We are nerds. 






Next stop, Seattle.  I have a cousin who lives in a downtown condo, so of course we had to mooch.   Directly below is a photo from their pace.   In Seattle we just explored and ate tons of good food from the Market.  We hung out with the fish throwers and wandered through the gum alley way.  We found a cool sushi joint with a moving conveyor belt of fish and toured the rock music museum thingy.  And we hung out with my very favorite mission companion, Lindy Layland, who lives in the area. 














Then we meandered through the Washington forests and deserts on our way home.  And we managed to avoid being eaten by vampires.  So I'd say the trip was a success!
 

5 comments:

Team O'Connor said...

Such a great roadtrip! I really want to go to Coeur d'alene. Are you guys willing to retire in the Seattle area? Corey is into the northwest right now :) Haha.
Beautiful pictures!

Joan Morris said...

It was so fun see the pics from your trip. I hadn't seen them all. It looks like a fun time was had by all :)

sara cardon said...

WOW!! Great roadtrip!! So glad you got to see Leavenworth and spend time in Seattle. It's such a cool place!

Tom said...

I was enjoying it all until gum alley. Won't be able to chew gum for a while. My desk at work probably looks just like that.

Tom said...

I should say "underneath my desk at work". By the way, I love the Pancake House!