Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Summer 2013- Waterton Part 3

 Again, a post with a ton of pictures.  But I love every one of them.  There are so many stories to tell.  After a week with my sisters, we had Grandma and Grandpa to ourselves for 2 weeks.  I'll admit, I was a little worried I'd get bored.  But it was great.  We kept busy with the help of Aunt Judy and my cousin Michelle's kids.  And it was great.  Below are pics from our trip to Boundary Bay.  Notice how we like to jump off of things in this family.  Even my dad got in on the action this time. 





Turns out my girls are quite the hikers.  They did an amazing job of hiking the steep Bear's Hump hike.  The view at the top is super cool.  It's fun to look out across the lake and try to find the cabin in the townsite below.  






 There's the cabin!

 Eva's trip to get ice cream with grandpa.  Eva got bubble gum and grandpa got Tiger (Orange and licorice.)  These were my two favorites as a kid. 











 I love this series of Soph photos.  Adorb.  It so fun to take pictures of my kids again!  (I know what you're thinking-- "Seriously?!")






Pat's.  What can I say.  This tops Eva's list of favorite things in Waterton.  It's a little gas station the kids like to ride their bikes to and buy 5-cent candies.  It's all they talk about.  





 The Palmer House.  I love this place!












 Prince of Wales Hotel.


 My sweet little Eva Marie. 






 Stocking up on candy for a boat ride. 








Sophie had still not been potty trained when we got to Canada.  I had tried, in vain this winter.  My mom was determined.  She brought back a bag of Pat's candy and told Sophie she could have it when she went "pee-pee".  And all be darned if the little girl didn't walk right over to the trusty thunder mug and go potty.  So with a little help from grandma, Pat's and the iPad, Sophie learned how to use the potty and  for the first time in 5 years I am diaper-free!




 Indoor pics of the cabin so I can remember it as the slow process of redecorating takes place.



 Eva decided to have a lemonade stand one day.  She wanted to sell the lemonade for free which turned out to be a savvy business decision.  She ended up profiting 30 bucks! 








2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What a beautiful place. I'm so glad you got to spend lots of time there. Great pictures as usual. $30 is a lot of money to spend on 5 cent candy ;) Good job Grandma Dar and Sophie!!!

Jessica said...

Cute pics, you are a talented photographer. And your girls are adorable! Can your mom come to my house and potty train Gigi?!